Uk arborist looking for work in states

Craigirvine

Hi I'm a uk based arborist I have 8 years experience and have been climing for 5 years I'm competent in all aspects of aerial and ground based operations .I have a ABC level 2 in arboriculture and first aid trained specific to arboriculture and clean uk driving licence and relevant climbing, felling ,aerial rescue and use of chainsaw certificates .I'm looking to work in the states and wondered if any us companies take on staff from overseas and what the process would be in regards to visa etc

Last edited:

flushcut

Might I suggest visiting the US first and meeting some perspective employers first before jumping into a work visa. It might save you some headaches if personalities don't work out. And visiting and going back will help set up a record of good relations with government initials. ICE, INS, TSA........ ect...

SeanRuel

Check out Dan's post below, Seacoast tree care in Hampton, New Hampshire. @djm

Surrounding towns include Durham, Exeter, Portsmouth, Dover etc. so you'll save time not having to learn any new town names.

Not sure with visas, but worth getting in touch anyways

treewill

Hi Craig,

The first thing I would do if I were you is try to figure out what kind of work visa you could potentially get. If you are a dual US/UK citizen or are married to or a child of a US national, you should have an easy time. If not, you'd likely be looking at a working vacation visa, if you are young enough and the US has a reciprocal agreement with the UK, or a working visa.

For the latter, you are likely gonna need to look for an employer who really wants you there and has significant time and resources to spend on getting your application through. From what I've heard, I think a larger company that has gone through the process before for other personnel would be your best bet. Maybe try Bartlett?

I would also definitely try to reach out to other UK arborists you know that have worked in the US. Their experience and advice will be invaluable.

Good luck!
Will

flyingsquirrel25

Not sure what the Visa process is. What is your long term plan? Stay in the US or learn here and go back to the UK?

we are 45 min west of Philadelphia and looking for climbers. If the area is appealing to you... but everyone is hiring too so...

Letstalktrees

Hi I'm a uk based arborist I have 8 years experience and have been climing for 5 years I'm competent in all aspects of aerial and ground based operations .I have a ABC level 2 in arboriculture and first aid trained specific to arboriculture and clean uk driving licence and relevant climbing, felling ,aerial rescue and use of chainsaw certificates .I'm looking to work in the states and wondered if any us companies take on staff from overseas and what the process would be in regards to visa etc
Email me at phillip221154@gmail.com I am from Britain. I own a company and have been here 25 years mate. Looking for an good guy now. I am in Nashville. Send me an email with your number and I will give you a ring.