TXTCC results

Babberney

We had our contest yesterday. Thanks to Mark and Tom for a great rescue seminar Friday. Mark went up and down the tree at least four times, twice in English and twice in Spanish. Of course, seeing a two-man rescue wasn't as much help as I might have hoped for the one-man event in the contest, but more realistic and practical for most of us.

The Master's Challenge got rained out, so the winners were determined by prelims.
1st place: Leoncio Carlos
2nd place: Keith Babberney
3rd place: Francisco Carlos
4th place: Nicolas Martinez
5th Place: Robert Willet

After all these years of telling the newer competitors not to worry about winning prelims, just score points because you only have to make the top 5, I found out it ain't always so. Oh well, you can't stop the weather. Maybe the 8th time will be the charm for me.

keith

Babberney

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Riggs:
[QB ] Did they say before the event that in case of foul weather , that the winner will be from the pre lims ? [/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, they decided right before they announced it, I think. It was a beautiful day all day up until the final, and nobody even gave it much thought as far as I know.

I was willing to get wet, but I'm sure you can imagine the MC tree was not one to climb when there's lightning.

k

Riggs

Good job anyway Kieth .
-What's a TCC with out rain ? Did they say before the event that in case of foul weather , that the winner will be from the pre lims ? Our Masters at the Penn-Del;Tcc last year was rained out but their is a climb off between the West PA. and East Pa. , so it didn't matter as much .

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
Keith lead the Throwline from the first rotation. He had a good score and must have psyched out the rest of the guys.

Seeing the gang in Texas was a lot of fun.

Tom

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom