Trimming limbs overhanging customers property but the tree is owned by the neighbor.

fastbub

Anybody have any experience with this? Especially when the neighbor is not on good terms? I figure I will knock on the door of the neighbor’s house and tell them what we are doing before I do it. Even though I know technically it is ok to do I don’t need any hassles.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
Sage advice.
We've learned over the years without the benefit of the communications systems we have now. Learn from past mistakes...ours...and don't repeat those same mistakes. The outcome won't be any different.

Learning to be a good arbo is much easier than learning to run a good business.

dsptech

In NY what overhangs from the neighbors yard is yours.
I run across this all the time.
I ask the customer is they are on friendly terms, if yes they usually already talked to the neighbor.
If no, I will knock on the neighbors door and let them know what's about to happen.

I don't ask for permission but inform them of how it woks and that I wanted to be courteous by giving them a heads up.
Half the time the neighbor will ask you to prune some on their side of the property.

JeffGu

...door of the neighbor’s house and tell them what we are doing before...
Always the best policy. Be very clear about what you will, and will not, be doing. Doing something they weren't expecting to happen will almost always turn a good neighbor into a raving lunatic.

Half the time the neighbor will ask you to prune some on their side of the property.
That's been my experience, as well. I usually just do it so I can keep the peace and get the work done without any bickering or drama from anyone.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom