Treezi?

ATH

Anyone use the Treezi App?

I haven't really dug into software options, but meed help with efficiency! Looked briefly at Single Ops but $250 per month is too much. Treezi is $45 per month for 2 crews... but is it worth it?

Perhaps I just need to learn Quick Books...but saw an ad for this so thought I'd look into it.

evo

Anyone use the Treezi App?

I haven't really dug into software options, but meed help with efficiency! Looked briefly at Single Ops but $250 per month is too much. Treezi is $45 per month for 2 crews... but is it worth it?

Perhaps I just need to learn Quick Books...but saw an ad for this so thought I'd look into it.
I can send you a jobber invite if you like. I really like it. However, how I use it QB would suffice minus a few perks. Run from QBO as it’s buggy and a money pit.
I don’t know jobbers current pricing, they did a bit of a overhaul the past few years. Since I was with them before the price hikes, they offered the full option without increasing the price!

Reactions: ATH

ATH

Thanks @evo ! Looks like it is $99 per month for their smallest package. Not that automatically your rules it out, but at more than twice the cost I'm not sure I see twice the value?

If I used quick books I would just use and installed software not the on line version.

I am not Britney convinced that I really need to be paying monthly fees to do something online. While it would be nice to have stuff done in the field, it's not like we have lots of spare time while we are out there! Do you find yourself doing that kind of stuff online on site or do you do it when you get back to the office?

evo

Thanks @evo ! Looks like it is $99 per month for their smallest package. Not that automatically your rules it out, but at more than twice the cost I'm not sure I see twice the value?

If I used quick books I would just use and installed software not the on line version.

I am not Britney convinced that I really need to be paying monthly fees to do something online. While it would be nice to have stuff done in the field, it's not like we have lots of spare time while we are out there! Do you find yourself doing that kind of stuff online on site or do you do it when you get back to the office?
To be honest I don’t use it in the field much, and I never use the ‘app’. I do it all from my browser either on my phone or computer.

My typical work flow is
Incoming call, brief conversation. Then direct them to my website to fill out a request form. This form details out the cost and difference between a consultation/assessment and a free estimate. I also charge a refundable (deposit) for estimates outside my normal service area.
Also it tells them what my bid day is, and a potential aux day. This streamlines so much it’s a huge time saver.

Then I call everyone back to schedule my bid route.

From there I take paper notes give ball park numbers onsite. Tell them they can expect a email with my quote in 24-48 hours, and a ballpark of when I can do the job. If I wanted to I could do it all through my phone but don’t... I can even add photos and notes to staff or client, but I don’t.

Then if I have time between quotes I will hole up in my truck or coffee shop and get the quotes out. There is now a option to text the quote as well as email, but my default is email. They now do a client porthole where the client can view their account and schedule! I find very few clients actually do this.

They then approve the quote and digitally sign the contract. From there it’s a pretty streamlined click and drag for scheduling. Automatic (if wanted) emails and text visit reminders when the job comes up.

If they are home I will send the invoice through my phone, and collect payment on the spot. If they pay via CC, I just have them do it online.

I’m on every job, and only have one guy. I can see many benefits if I were running a lawn care style company with 2-3 crews and 3-5 jobs per crew per day.

I also use the timesheet feature, and have given the login info to the accountant and bookkeep. I have my wife down as a employee with full access so there is never a question where I’m at (emergency or the like). She can view my schedule so she can plan around it with her needs.

MANY features go I unused. And I pay much less than 100 per mo. But that’s due to the grandfathered price, I don’t know what features come with each package, as part of the grandfather pricing they allowed most all features!

I did Qbo and while it did much, it didn’t do enough. One huge issue was 90% of the client communications were bounced as spam due to Qbo’s system. Basically useless. They also didn’t offer any scheduling, or other much needed features

OasisTree

I really like jobber as well..I have a production crew and a PHC applicator, and we use the app alot. For the scheduling I use my desktop, but all of my guys have access thru the app to see the client and job details.

Also I love the option to take pics of the job and attach them to the job, that way the guys can refer to them if they have questions. Also I can mark up the pics if there is specific trimming that needs done. Also my applicator uses the notes option on the job to record amounts of product used and DBH #s.

I like the maps option...I use it when I plan my bid days. I always map it to the property to make sure the pin is correct to save my guys grief later.

We are using the text option for for sending quotes, but I like the email option better because then we can send pdfs of Proof of insurance and other docs as needed. Also, We usually send pics of the trees in question so they can get a visual of what the bid is for.

We probably go overkill with data entry, but then there is no questions or misunderstandings! Also the line item for the bid turns into the work order for the guys when they get onsite.

My plan is also grandfathered in...To upgrade to get all of the current options would cost me 5 times what i am paying now! But I think jobber is worth it even at that price, and I will probably be staying with them.

ATH

... Also my applicator uses the notes option on the job to record amounts of product used and DBH #s.

I assume you are required to keep pesticide application records... Does Jobber capture enough information to meet those legal requirements that you don't need to do anything else besides what the applicator records there?

I've been doing those on an exel spreadsheet on a tablet with drop down lists with all products and tools that I use. That has really sped up that record keeping. Having a database with pre-populated client information would help even more.

evo

I assume you are required to keep pesticide application records... Does Jobber capture enough information to meet those legal requirements that you don't need to do anything else besides what the applicator records there?

I've been doing those on an exel spreadsheet on a tablet with drop down lists with all products and tools that I use. That has really sped up that record keeping. Having a database with pre-populated client information would help even more.
I've never used that feature so I cannot speak directly to it. I'd give it a trial, to see if it will do what you want. It's not perfect, and there are a few bugs I've come against. They are very open to feedback, questions and their support rocks. The few minor bugs or issues I've come up against is simple as I don't sync it into QBO (I don't use QBO anymore). I do think they assume you are syncing it so there are some lacking points with totaling year totals of contracted jobs not completed yet..

KingBeee425

I just wanted to share about ArboStar. A new software my buddy from Toronto use on his tree business.
It's a one-stop software that can assist with the daily operations. You can check them out: www.arbostar.com

Hey ATH,

I work with the treezi team and thought I'd help answer your question. I think jobber is great and agree with what everyone has said above. I've been following what they're doing for years and know many companies happy with what they offer.

Treezi does also do estimates, scheduling, invoicing. The differentiating factor is that treezi is specifically tree-centered and the estimates have a tree inventory component that also has a photo, species, location, DBH, treatment (ie. structural pruning, crown clean, etc) and notes. Trees can also have multiple treatment services (ie. Remove Tree, Grind Stump.)

The treezi app is also the way the crew leader views the job, can see exactly which tree and what needs to be done and can also mark off each item as "Complete", so that it tracks the job progress in real-time. This takes out the need for any paper maps or notes like "2nd tree to the left with the co-dominant stem".

The tree inventory component becomes invaluable for reoccurring clients and large properties with hundreds of trees, and for building out a multi-year plan.

If the tree inventory part of the app is not used, much of the value behind treezi is lost. It still can send estimates and invoices without the tree inventory, but then it's not much different than any other estimating app out there (like jobber and QB).

Lastly, treezi is developed by a tree company, A Plus Tree. A Plus has been developing on its platform (ArborPlus) for the last 8 years...And so has firsthand knowledge of solving so many of the pain-points in tree care. Also with that said, Treezi is not offered in the states A Plus tree operates (CA, UT, WA, OR) so as not to create any conflict of interest.

Those are my (trying to be unbiased) 2 cents :)

B_Strange

Hi folks. My .02 on this subject. I used Jobber in my old company and after going out on my own found I needed something better than a paper notebook but could not afford Jobber prices. I liked Jobber and thought it was super helpful. I did not use the boss/owner side at all but from an employee side thought it was quite nice.

I met the Treezi team at the Expo in Pittsburgh and signed up for the 30 day free trial. I loved the app and found it very user friendly. The team called me and gave me a tutorial over the phone for free. It would be hugely helpful but some other personal and business expenses needed to be paid first. We just bid work for an HOA where this tool would be invaluable. I like how it makes communicating with the customer clear and easy.

At the end of the day I liked the Treezi people I met at Expo and was impressed with their willingness to work with me and not talk down to me and my newbie technology questions. I think the app is worth what they are asking.

ATH

Thanks for the feedback! @B_Strange and @powertothetreeple !

Are there pesticide application scheduling and record keeping features built into the app? The more I think about it, that is one thing that would immediately really help streamline what I do. I'd think it would be something pretty easy to build in...but obviously there has to be demand for it beyond me!

As crews expand, I can see the value in the inventory and estimating tools. As of now, I bid every job and am on every job. Hoping to grow somebody else into helping with those so we can be more efficient.

evo

I'm in one of the conflict of interest states, so really don't care. One thing I find frustrating with jobber, is I'd like to have the ability to make a new visit out of a line item in the quote. Say I'm doing a hedge, pruning a japanese maple, and crown cleaning a oak. I sell the job but I get ran off by foul weather, I'd like to bill for the completed line items and come back for the uncompleted task. Sometimes the client wants it all done, but in stages.. When either of these happen, I have to copy the line item, delete it, and make a new job. It would be nice if it could be done with fewer clicks.

KingBeee425

I'm in one of the conflict of interest states, so really don't care. One thing I find frustrating with jobber, is I'd like to have the ability to make a new visit out of a line item in the quote. Say I'm doing a hedge, pruning a japanese maple, and crown cleaning a oak. I sell the job but I get ran off by foul weather, I'd like to bill for the completed line items and come back for the uncompleted task. Sometimes the client wants it all done, but in stages.. When either of these happen, I have to copy the line item, delete it, and make a new job. It would be nice if it could be done with fewer clicks.

Thanks for sharing that! Looks like a time consuming especially for a not so tech savvy guy like me..

Reach

I too would like a better way, but what I have found that works is to delete the unfinished line items from the invoice, and then go back to the quote and “Convert to Job” a second time, deleting the items already completed to create a new job for only what still needs done.

ChrisinCanada

Hi folks. My .02 on this subject. I used Jobber in my old company and after going out on my own found I needed something better than a paper notebook but could not afford Jobber prices. I liked Jobber and thought it was super helpful. I did not use the boss/owner side at all but from an employee side thought it was quite nice.

I met the Treezi team at the Expo in Pittsburgh and signed up for the 30 day free trial. I loved the app and found it very user friendly. The team called me and gave me a tutorial over the phone for free. It would be hugely helpful but some other personal and business expenses needed to be paid first. We just bid work for an HOA where this tool would be invaluable. I like how it makes communicating with the customer clear and easy.

At the end of the day I liked the Treezi people I met at Expo and was impressed with their willingness to work with me and not talk down to me and my newbie technology questions. I think the app is worth what they are asking.
I second this. I used the original ArborPlus (the first version of Treezi) when we first started in 2016 and the new one has improved. Having not used Jobber, I can't speak to that platform other than that many small services locally use it. Treezi is tree-centric and it shows. It's tree mapping is really cool and helps a lot with tree education, which in turn drives a lot more return business.

Id say, at the least, get the free trial and do 15 mock quotes for friends and family. See what they think, and how you like the flow of the program.

Cheers,
Chris

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom