Trees of New Jersey

OldTimBombadil

Hello All!

I have recently been trying to improve my tree ID'ing skills in the local woods of my area (Monmouth County, New Jersey: close to Middletown, Holmdel, Red Bank etc.). Would anyone be able to tell me whether Cottonwood and Basswood trees grow around here? I cannot seem to find a definitive answer to this question in my web searches ...

Thanks so much!

Tim

CanadianStan

Hello All!

I have recently been trying to improve my tree ID'ing skills in the local woods of my area (Monmouth County, New Jersey: close to Middletown, Holmdel, Red Bank etc.). Would anyone be able to tell me whether Cottonwood and Basswood trees grow around here? I cannot seem to find a definitive answer to this question in my web searches ...

Thanks so much!

Tim
post pictures ... we’ll let you know bark, leaf / twig close ups, and canopy overview

OldTimBombadil

cottonwood grows about everywhere...but looking at a range map, apparently not naturally on much of the east coast.

looks like basswood is on the fringe there:
Thanks so much for this info! Looking at the map you've provided, the shaded area seems perhaps JUST to be reaching my area. Perhaps I'll find some!

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom