Treerex vs Evo

RANDY10

Looking for a comparison between the two . I know the treerex is new but has to be someone that has some Input . Thanks !

stheis004

I haven't been in the evo, but have used both treemotion and s. light extensively. I prefer the s. light over the regular treemotion...my biggest gripe with it was the leg straps not having buckles and the little bungees on the leg getting caught on a branch and snapping my leg.

I got the treerex 2 weeks ago and this is hands down my new favorite harness. Super comfy with very easy adjustments that stay in place and little things that are just well thought out and engineered without overdoing it. It's extremely light but does have a very solid construction build to it and I'm expecting it to hold up from what I see. Only thing I don't like about it is the adjustment for the leg straps, which in itself is unique and awesome, but the stiff tab that releases it goes right through the side D and kind of gets in the way when clipping in.

Haven't played around with adjustable rope bridge or 2 bridges yet, but that feature does look awesome, I just haven't had time to mess around with it yet.

rico

I haven't been in the evo, but have used both treemotion and s. light extensively. I prefer the s. light over the regular treemotion...my biggest gripe with it was the leg straps not having buckles and the little bungees on the leg getting caught on a branch and snapping my leg.

I got the treerex 2 weeks ago and this is hands down my new favorite harness. Super comfy with very easy adjustments that stay in place and little things that are just well thought out and engineered without overdoing it. It's extremely light but does have a very solid construction build to it and I'm expecting it to hold up from what I see. Only thing I don't like about it is the adjustment for the leg straps, which in itself is unique and awesome, but the stiff tab that releases it goes right through the side D and kind of gets in the way when clipping in.

Haven't played around with adjustable rope bridge or 2 bridges yet, but that feature does look awesome, I just haven't had time to mess around with it yet.
Did you get a size one? If so could you comment on the fit...The literature says it fits a 34"-43" waist.. Curious if this is correct or a misprint.. Whole lot of climbers with smaller waists than 34".....

Arbpro

So I just got the treerex which replaced my treemotion

There's definitely pros and cons of each harness. I think between the pair of them would be the perfect harness, atleast for me anyway

The edelrid is super super comfy (not that the TM is uncomfortable but the TR takes it to a whole new level)
The double bridge option on the TR with the adjustable bridge also is awesome. Love the option of having one bridge or two and having them adjustable either way
TR's lower abs upper D rings are a little on the small side which can make getting a biner in there a little difficult depending how you're loaded up, the TM's rings are also a little small but a definite improvement over the TR's ones. Also the rear attachment point of the TR is ridiculously tight and small, I'm going to put a mallion in there to make for easier attaching saws etc
Both harness have great customisation options though I feel the TM is slightly more customisable.
The adjustments for waist/leg loops and hip to waist on the TR are so good coming from the TM which is a nightmare to adjust. Love being able to adjust my seating position whilst loaded, super handy for when it comes to blocking down.
The TM only has a 5 year lifespan whereas the TR has 10 years so that's another bonus too if you keep your equipment inspected and logged.

There's a few other little things but those are the main things I've picked up on. So if someone can make an inbetween I'd be the first to buy it for sure

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom