TreeMotion for small waist?

Dan Cobb

I'm contemplating a new saddle. I wear a 29 or 30 waist in Levi's and was wondering how TreeMotions fit at the smallest adjustment. I know they adjust every which way, but don't know if they're less great at the limits of adjustment. Not sure whether to keep them on the list of contenders. Thanks for any advice. (I've been wearing the same size pants for 40 years, so I don't think I need room to grow.)

ConeCollector

I’ve got a 30” waist and both the regular and s.light fit just fine! I do use some aftermarket suspenders so as not to have my saddle pulled down by my saw.

Last edited:

climbstihl

I wear a 28-29" waist, the Treemotion fits me perfectly, the upper D's are just in front of my hipbones, which is perfect. The Petzl Sequoia size 0 doesn't fit as well. The upper D's are too far back. Size 1 I can't cinch down enough (SRT version).
Definitely can't go wrong with the TM, probably the best harness on the market in my personal opinion, closely followed by the Edelrid Treerex

Stumpsprouts

Anyone know what Chad Brey is wearing in this video? Looks like a good pared down harness for a skinny Minnie.

28” waist here still trying to find a harness I love.

seedy j

I’ve got a 30” waist and both the regular and s.light fit just fine! I do use some aftermarket suspenders so as not to have my saddle pulled down by my saw.
I've been having some issues with my tree motion sliding around my hips. Do you find the suspenders make a difference? Can I ask what suspenders you're using?

Stumpsprouts

I spent a happy day climbing many happy climbs in my new-to-me Courant Koala. It is everything I could ever want it to be, and fits amazingly. I could rattle on but I should wait until I have spent some more time in it. It is the most comfortable harness I have used. (>tmotion, treeaustria3.2, singingrock timber, Stein vega)

After learning more about how to properly adjust a harness, generally speaking, this should disqualify the Stein Vega (my previous harness) completely from professional use. There are two crucial adjustment spots that are just a one-size-fits-all webbing which renders it impossible to dial in. Boo, I say.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
I found the S. Light for $360, which seemed like a good price, and ordered it. I wanted a Transporter to go with it, but out of stock. Settled for a Vault and a large Caritool as a starter set.

Thanks for all the feedback!
It will make you very happy.

Christrees

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has heard or used the treemotion suspenders from monkeybeaver.com?

They look really nice and comfortable. I think they would be worth the $100.

Christrees

1619989305403.png

Just ordered a set. Even tho I just got the premium weavers but I think these will be so much better. I'll return the weavers or put em on here.

dspacio

The Treemotion was slipping for me, (31") so I was ready to make some suspenders from webbing. I ultimately took an old canvas jacket, cut a lot of extra material out of it, sewed the webbing onto it, and now it's a jacket vest suspenders.. It's sort of wacky, but I have some extra pockets and the weight of the saddle is distributed through the whole upper jacket following the ways the webbing is sewn in.
I have a few more tweaks to make on it but there are some cool things to this like sewing an eye for tending an ascender, and I got rid of a camera case/ditty bag off the harness, by keeping a few things in the inside pockets now.

It really is a great harness to climb in.

Dan Cobb

As I posted previously, I did go with a S. Light. The only thing that's been a bit of a hassle is loosening the waist strap to doff the saddle. It's always a bit of a fight. What's the trick? I'm considering putting a small loop of small cord around the webbing on the outside of the buckle (where it makes the U-bend) to help with loosening. The pic shows the idea. 20210503_175548.jpg

Christrees

I have that problem with my evo..like jonny's saying still needs to break in. It's fairly new . I wouldn't say it was even broken in yet. I don't climb everyday. Only once or twice a week.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom