Tree worker slips, falls off truck in Carver

Brocky

OSHA says anytime you're over 6' you have to have fall protection or restraint. Do any bucket trucks provide for this?

deevo

Going up to the top platform on the bucket truck in winter conditions can be hazardous, pay full attention and hang on to the rails then boom til your at your bucket then clip in. Snow pack and ice easily results in what that fella experienced.

John_KAYS

I like how the reporter starts out by saying, "this is actually a lesson that it's really not safe to do ANYTHING in these conditions" SO, Emergency Hazardous Tree Removal is a pretty mundane thing to be doing, and if you can't even do that in this weather, you really shouldn't be doing anything!

But, I am sorry to hear about the accident!

moss

I like how the reporter starts out by saying, "this is actually a lesson that it's really not safe to do ANYTHING in these conditions" SO, Emergency Hazardous Tree Removal is a pretty mundane thing to be doing, and if you can't even do that in this weather, you really shouldn't be doing anything!

But, I am sorry to hear about the accident!
Yeah I was just chatting with another tree worker about that, the huge problem with local media in general is that the reporting tends to support people's beliefs rather than seek actual good info and use that in the report. No one's lost audience or money supporting people's unfounded fears.

And yes, hoping the Stanley employee is on a strong rebound from his accident!
-AJ

macswan

I actually lost my balance and fell off our bandit the other day while changing the knives. The wrench slipped off a bolt I was trying to break loose. It was parked at the shop next to another chipper. I landed on my feet, but momentum carried me into the other machine and I bounced my temple of the crank for the chute. Still hurts. Got pretty lucky I think. No helmet. Didn’t think I needed one.

Reactions: CjM

moss

I actually lost my balance and fell off our bandit the other day while changing the knives. The wrench slipped off a bolt I was trying to break loose. It was parked at the shop next to another chipper. I landed on my feet, but momentum carried me into the other machine and I bounced my temple of the crank for the chute. Still hurts. Got pretty lucky I think. No helmet. Didn’t think I needed one.
Glad you're ok, so many ways to get hurt, unfortunately.
-AJ

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom