Tree top camping

Pumkin

Hey all, im looking to do some canopy hammock camping this spring/summer. Does anybody know of any resources on setups?

Tuebor

Follow Chris Coates on Facebook. He's been sleeping his was across the country in a different tree every night.

Pumkin

Hes what got me going on the idea! Some of his posts he has like 4 hammocks on one line over a large span i was looking for some knowledge on the forces and does and donts

moss

Hes what got me going on the idea! Some of his posts he has like 4 hammocks on one line over a large span i was looking for some knowledge on the forces and does and donts

He's posted a lot on FB about the work he and Joshua Burr have done with testing loading at anchor points and optimal methods for anchoring support lines etc. Basic story as you probably know loading up a "horizontal" line puts significant force multiplication on the anchor points.
-AJ

moss

Strong trees and strong lines will hold puny humans (the short version).

Joshua Burr has a neat line attachment method where he wraps the line multiple times before locking it off. The load is distributed into the coils/trunk/limb friction, no weak point created by a sharp bend in the rope.
-AJ

Tuebor

Strong trees and strong lines will hold puny humans (the short version).

Joshua Burr has a neat line attachment method where he wraps the line multiple times before locking it off. The load is distributed into the coils/trunk/limb friction, no weak point created by a sharp bend in the rope.
-AJ
Tensionless hitch.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom