Tree Risk Assessment

Jim Maloney

TRAQ, for me, was not an educational opportunity in regards to becoming a better risk assessor. It’s focused on protecting you and your clients from litigation or at least surviving litigation through procedure and orderly documents, especially a defined Scope of Work. It is not about evaluating, assessing and rating tree defects for risk

F450.

TRAQ, for me, was not an educational opportunity in regards to becoming a better risk assessor. It’s focused on protecting you and your clients from litigation or at least surviving litigation through procedure and orderly documents, especially a defined Scope of Work. It is not about evaluating, assessing and rating tree defects for risk
That's what I am seeing as I read through the manual. It's not what I had expected. 3 years ago Julian A Dunster did a 2 day conference on risk assessment and it was more on analyzing trees for failure. During the course we were told we would be grandfathered in when it became a qualification. Not so.

easyphloem

That's what I am seeing as I read through the manual. It's not what I had expected. 3 years ago Julian A Dunster did a 2 day conference on risk assessment and it was more on analyzing trees for failure. During the course we were told we would be grandfathered in when it became a qualification. Not so.
Did you take the TRACE? I did in 2012, and was grandfathered in.

I have not seen the material for the new TRAQ. I have heard it was watered down.

SZ

F450.

Did you take the TRACE? I did in 2012, and was grandfathered in.

I have not seen the material for the new TRAQ. I have heard it was watered down.

SZ
Really......? I wonder if the isa would still honor it. The material is long winded and drawn out. Much rather be climbing or even dragging brush lol.

guymayor

I agree about focus on procedure, CYA, scope etc. basics, watered down, and lack of material on actual analysis and inspection.

That's why I am taking Standard Tree Inspection sessions on the road, as an augmentation of sorts--coming soon to a chapter near you! :bailando:

The procedure is still very defect-and-target-driven, enabling snap judgments; I prefer a more arborcentric approach. re "common core", I guess I'm in a state...of mind...not to take it. OK info, but limited, and missing key elements in the attached. Just one opinion!

Attachments

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom