tore my oblique

Benjo75

I tore something in that area last summer. Took 3 months to get to where I could work without terrible pain. Couldn't cough or sneeze. Could only take about a quarter of a breath. About a week in it got worse. Wife finally talked me in to going to er. When I gave in to go I couldn't get out of bed to go. After a day or two and it let up a little and I decided not to go. It very slowly got better. I tried heating pad, ice packs. Nothing worked. Just had to heal on it's own. I'm stubborn and won't take any medication for anything. I'm sure some ibuprofen or something like that might have helped. Couldn't lay on my right side for 4 months. And that's my best sleeping side.

Merle Nelson

It's been a long time since I felt so much pain... Debilitating. I could barely walk most of the day ..
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
D

Sorry to hear it Daniel.

If something is torn loose this will not fix it but, it will aid in recovery.

Somatics......taking muscles that tighten up and our brain forgets how to release them ("Sensory Motor Amnesia") back closer to relaxed. Online - Essential Somatics.Com by Martha Peterson.

What tells you it is torn?

Merle Nelson

Daniel, get a proper diagnosis from a pro in that area of the body. You can take into account the info they give you and then make your own decision.

For strains, stress, etc Somatics can do a world of good.

I used to think I tore a muscle in my back/rib cage and it would take me weeks of induring intense pain - crawling to the bathroom etc. On the rare occasion that happens now I am out of sharp pain in hours and can sleep, free of pain in a day or two, back to full work in a few days.

Brando CalPankian

I tore my abdominals 7 or so years ago. I'd gotten dehydrated, was ill equipped, and was allowing myself to be rushed. It was one of the most excruciating things I'd ever done. Was practically bed ridden for a couple of months. I couldn't even poop under my own volition. Unfortunately with strains and tears, rest is your best friend. The more it tears the worse it gets.

I hope you healed up well! I don't respond to pain killers, so it was a grin and bear it time for me.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom