Top 5 Things To Do In A Tree

FreeFallin

Did you actually order Pizza or was that staged? Either way, everything was very funny as usual.
Actually ordered, I had a conversation with the pizza gal after she put the pizza 8n the bag and she gave me permission to add her, once she found out it wasn't anything creepy :confused:

The only fake part is that every battery accept the ground cam died as she was delivering, I had to climb back up with one slice of pizza the next day and shoot the hammock parts over again. Shhhhh don't tell anyone.

FreeFallin

For anyone still following along at home, I made a behind the scenes video and showed how I filmed all those shenanigans, including a remote release pumpkin harness fro dropping those things from 40' up.

JeffGu

Very nice... you need to get some of these, for those battery issues. They're cheap and quite awesome. With a standard USB Type A to either mini-USB or micro-USB (depending on camera/device) you can just run the cams off the big battery and you'll still have your fully charged internal battery to work off of in the event that you actually run the big one down.

The UNIFUN one on left is 10,400 mAH and even has a flashlight built in. Solar Charger one is 24,000 mAH and if left in sunlight, it won't discharge as fast. Small one is 6700 mAH.

I use some 3' to 6' cords to connect to the cam, so battery can be in your pocket while running a helmet cam, or mount cam on limb with battery nearby... whatever works. I've even taped cell phone to one. These things have horrendously more capacity than the device's internal battery. They can also be used to recharge the device's internal battery.

BigBattPwr.jpg

kiteflyingeek

I found the video on YouTube before you posted it here. I really enjoyed it!! Are you going to start selling the pumpkin release mechanism? You might want to patent it first .

I find your "watch it, or not -- I don't care" attitude very refreshing. Thanks for being real & just enjoying what you do.

--andrew

FreeFallin

Very nice... you need to get some of these, for those battery issues. They're cheap and quite awesome. With a standard USB Type A to either mini-USB or micro-USB (depending on camera/device) you can just run the cams off the big battery and you'll still have your fully charged internal battery to work off of in the event that you actually run the big one down.

The UNIFUN one on left is 10,400 mAH and even has a flashlight built in. Solar Charger one is 24,000 mAH and if left in sunlight, it won't discharge as fast. Small one is 6700 mAH.

I use some 3' to 6' cords to connect to the cam, so battery can be in your pocket while running a helmet cam, or mount cam on limb with battery nearby... whatever works. I've even taped cell phone to one. These things have horrendously more capacity than the device's internal battery. They can also be used to recharge the device's internal battery.

View attachment 63648
That's a great idea, I need to pick up a few, it would have saved me a lot of trouble on these climbs.

FreeFallin

I found the video on YouTube before you posted it here. I really enjoyed it!! Are you going to start selling the pumpkin release mechanism? You might want to patent it first .

I find your "watch it, or not -- I don't care" attitude very refreshing. Thanks for being real & just enjoying what you do.

--andrew
Thanks man, I really use the cameras as an excuse - I committed to myself to make a video today, guess I have to go play in a tree now...

It gives me a reason to do things that just sound like hard work when I'm sitting on the couch.

I wonder what the market is for pumpkin dropping? Maybe I could sell this tech to the military for eco friendly drone strikes. ISIS would not know how to respond if a leader was taken out by a pumpkin on live TV, epic win!