Today....

southsoundtree

Been here a while
My neighbor is currently taking on a 40" doug-fir, root pulled, still attached. Tipped 70 degrees, held by artificial pond's berm, tangled in other trees a bit.
Not very safety- aware.
Way out of his ability.

Waiting for, hopefully only, a call or knock.

The renters caught my other neighbors' house on fire a couple days ago. Enough emergency services in the neighborhood for a few decades, imo.

27RMT0N

Carpal tunnel level member
Maybe set up a camera next time your neighbor is working on that mess, might get some good footage out of it :p (but you know, hopefully no one gets hurt... and he realizes he needs some professional assistance on the job and is willing to ask...)

27RMT0N

Taken from the south side of Orcas, looking towards Blakely/Cyprus. You and I are island neighbors if I remember correctly.

Burrapeg

Been here a while
Taken from the south side of Orcas, looking towards Blakely/Cyprus. You and I are island neighbors if I remember correctly.
Neat. Yes, I am over on Lopez, about 600 yards from the Lopez ferry landing on the North End. So that dock must be over past Olga somewhere? I watched a couple guys take a tree down over at Doe Bay about three years ago. Was that you?

27RMT0N

Yah, it's a private dock opposite Obstruction Island. As for the job you saw three years ago, that probably wasn't me as I'm usually just a one or two man operation. I'm in the area plenty though.

Last edited:

27RMT0N

Literally the last cut of the day. The classic "Oh, can you cut that bit of brush you are walking past?" and boom, hidden rusty wire. Luckily no damage, hardly even dulled the chain as it was very soft metal.

Serf Life

Always is, boating to work with no trucks or stores etc. We work on one each winter and have had to move ice sheets off the ramp to take the boat out, damn cold.

Next step with this project is renting a full size skidsteer to haul the 15xp around, with mini feeding. Full size plate just arrived to have a receiver welded on for towing. Dude is having a house barged out and double-craned onto a pier foundation!!

oceans

Been here a while
That’s a wealthy dude! Sounds like fun, though. Feeding a mid sized chipper with hydraulics is always fun, on an island or not. :)

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom