Today....

southsoundtree

Been here a while
Female ginkos are stinkos.

"But the treat comes at a cost: When the female ginkgo trees shed their leaves and berries, they rot and emit a stench often likened to dirty gym socks, vomit, or poop. The ginkgo tree has owned this bad smell for millennia. ... Today, that famous ginkgo stink is an annual reminder that fall has officially arrived."

Sfoppema

Participating member
Someone planted them along the sidewalk/street on the UMass campus (a shame they didn't consult their own commercial arb and urban forestry program). Made for great people watching when the fruit was on the sidewalk getting trampled and people begin to realize the vomit smell. Sticks to the soles of your shoes for awhile too...

Reach

Been here a while
Someone planted them along the sidewalk/street on the UMass campus (a shame they didn't consult their own commercial arb and urban forestry program). Made for great people watching when the fruit was on the sidewalk getting trampled and people begin to realize the vomit smell. Sticks to the soles of your shoes for awhile too...
It etches automotive paint too, a lesson the students at my college learned. There’s half a dozen of the largest female Gingkos over one side of the big parking lot on campus. During fruit season, a horde of Asian ladies always appeared, gathering them up from the ground.

chiselbit

Branched out member
Ok. I can’t post pictures. Again. It loads the photo then says “server error, try again later” all I have is an old iphone7
Any suggestions?

Jonny

Been here a while
Ok. I can’t post pictures. Again. It loads the photo then says “server error, try again later” all I have is an old iphone7
Any suggestions?
I’m on an IPhone 7 or 8 too.
Open the pic up with the edit function and zoom in a tiny tiny bit, then save. Then try posting it again.

Jehinten

Carpal tunnel level member
Any suggestions?
I’m on an IPhone 7 or 8 too.
Open the pic up with the edit function and zoom in a tiny tiny bit, then save. Then try posting it again.
Different phone, but when I get an error message for pics, I screenshot the original pic and the screenshot shot loads with no issues.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom