Time To Step Up

BoomBitch222

My plan had always been to get some exp at the company I started tree removal with and then move on to a better company- and now its happening. I applied with Davey and signed my acceptance of employment today. Before stumbling onto this forum, I hadnt thought much about becoming a climber even though Ive always loved climbing whatever was around. But it got me thinking and then I went to a rec climb and watched people moving through trees in ways I had never imagined. So when I applied at Davey, I went for the Climber Trainee position and got it. Im ecstatic and terrified and very thankful that I found this site. Im looking forward to the posts making a lot more sense now and learning from the years of combined exp around here. Wish me luck!!!!

GregManning

Super Moderator
Staff member
My plan had always been to get some exp at the company I started tree removal with and then move on to a better company- and now its happening. I applied with Davey and signed my acceptance of employment today. Before stumbling onto this forum, I hadnt thought much about becoming a climber even though Ive always loved climbing whatever was around. But it got me thinking and then I went to a rec climb and watched people moving through trees in ways I had never imagined. So when I applied at Davey, I went for the Climber Trainee position and got it. Im ecstatic and terrified and very thankful that I found this site. Im looking forward to the posts making a lot more sense now and learning from the years of combined exp around here. Wish me luck!!!!
Welcome to TreeBuzz !

BoomBitch222

Good for you, and best wishes to you there! It will be a big change for sure, but it should be a good change, if for no other reason, you’ll learn to do things safely and properly, and will live long enough to actually enjoy your career!
Just wearing safety equipment will be a huge change, let alone doing things properly instead of cutting large limbs from a ladder and just praying they dont take it out when they hit the ground lol

BoomBitch222

Absorb all you can like a sponge. I’ve heard Davey can be hit or miss, but it’s a huge step forward. Never hesitate to come here and ask questions, just don’t post stupid videos like “bar oil vs motor oil”
Its a lightyear from where I started lol I seriously cant wait to start learning how it all works. Ive been watching videos to get a little more info so Im not so lost starting out, its retarded how many things I was taught wrong

JD3000

Most well-known member
Well...orchard ladders have their place. Obviously in orchards but also structural pruning of young trees.

But yeah, duct taping ladders to the big pin oak and then dropping huge branches on it and stranding yourself up in the tree is pretty bad.

Saw this happen in my neighborhood..

Reactions: ATH

BoomBitch222

Well...orchard ladders have their place. Obviously in orchards but also structural pruning of young trees.

But yeah, duct taping ladders to the big pin oak and then dropping huge branches on it and stranding yourself up in the tree is pretty bad.

Wait, they duct tapped the ladder to the tree? :risas:

Jonny

Nice to see a plan working out!
Davey does a lot of different tree care tasks, but I reckon a bunch of their production crews are doing line clearance day in and day out. Is that what you’re gonna be learning?

oldoakman

My son in law nearly separated fingers from his hand in a fall from an orchard ladder. I stand by my previous statement.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom