Tick spray

monkeylove

Never heard of tick spray actually, does it work? I know I have often thought about hanging a dog flea collar off my belt loop, but never tried it yet.

Well i use swayer permethrin for my clothes. Permethrin kills ticks unlike deet that repels. I use talstar because it has bifenthrin in it which is a control for ticks. So far so good on lawn and shrubs.

Jeff

Tick spraying is big business here in CT Frank. After all, we're the home of Lyme disease (Lyme, CT).
Never done any of it myself, though, so I don't know what they're using. Could be DDT or Iced Tea for all I know.

ROYCE

Just curious if anyone is spraying for ticks and what they use. I am using talstar right now.
Talstar is what I hear is the best to use. We are in the process of developing this treatment for our customers. I have heard a lot about the Talstar granular. Nice because it can be sprayed with a special back back sprayer, has no drift, and you can send a crew of two guys out with a pick up truck and a few bags of the talstar.

LimbLoppa

How much is Talstar? I use Wisdom TC Flowable from Tractor Supply. Same active ingredient (Bifenthrin) same strength 7.9% and pretty affordable $30 a quart. It's a great all around pesticide and works awesome for mosquito control. As far as my work clothes/boots-I use Permethrin 10. I just mix it in a small spray bottle and keep it on the truck.