Throw line cube

Aragorn

Anyone know what supports the corners of an origami style throw line cube? Thinking I’d like to make a couple without having to “violate” the one I’ve got.

Reach

Anyone know what supports the corners of an origami style throw line cube? Thinking I’d like to make a couple without having to “violate” the one I’ve got.
A thin, round, plastic rod, with little rubber caps to keep it from punching through the ends of the sleeve it’s in. They come out when the cube wears out.

Aragorn

Another option, thanks. I imagine the bottom corner is done with 90 degree plastic elbow though few have probably seen that if they tend to give out at the top first.

Reach

Another option, thanks. I imagine the bottom corner is done with 90 degree plastic elbow though few have probably seen that if they tend to give out at the top first.
I haven’t seen any elbows, the cubes we have just have straight rods in them.

flushcut

The bottom is built just like the top so you can fold it into a triangle.
Iv'e had Stein cubes about four years now, holding up well.

oldoakman

I've replaced broken plastic stays with metal wire and salvaged the rubber tips and glued them on the wire with great success. you have to use extra stiff wire though. I used a heavy gauge music wire from a hobby shop.

Aragorn

Interesting to me they “spring to attention” without any connection between the upright corners and bottom lateral rods. I’ll give mine , a Weaver from TS, a good “feeling up” and see what she reveals. Thanks