This video of mine went VIRAL 6 million views and counting

Bucknut

I don't know why either, except maybe for some reason Youtube's algorithm was listing it first when people searched for tree removal? Maybe a well-chosen thumbnail? (I didn't watch the whole thing..... any smoking hot bikini girls running your ropes?)

Pretty standard stuff, except how you missed the fence by 2 inches when you flew the top! :eek:

Nice work man. Congrats on the views. Now get that ad revenue!!

(P.S. I'm just breaking in a new 355T. Love it so far.)

RyTheTreeGuy

I am definately not the safety police and we have all been in a rush for some reason or another, but to me, that just seemed reckless. I think I counted 3 times you completely cut through your hinge and the the wood was sitting on your bar. I get it wasn't big wood but it kicked out a couple of times and looked like had it been heavier maybe would have gone backwards on you. Also, I know 1 tie in is legit for some loggers, but with all we see on the awakenings thread, I just don't see the point if not having 2. Not trying to be a nay sayer, just some constructive criticisms. I am not perfect, that is for sure and have made some mental mistakes also. Maybe just try to work fast, bit more controlled. Just don't want to read about anymore industry fatalities

dsptech

It always amazes me that so many guys grab the tree when spurring up or down a tree
When I'm spurring up the skinny trees or at the tree tops I hold on to the trunk of the tree.
It feels more stable especially with big feet and your spurs are clicking their heels together.
Feels like you could roll around to either side in springier wood or windy conditions unless your gripping the tree for stability.

dsptech

Viral as in a cold or STD that gets spread around quickly.
People who view the video pass it on to their friends or sexual partners and it gets around quickly. :vomito:

evo

Kenny hardly ever contributes other than posting his videos and bailing. So I assume the replies and questions are falling on deaf ears.
Some improvements can be made, but all and all it’s pretty good. Much better and more boring than the last few I’ve watched..

Raven

Did I get the wrong video? Cause that was embarrassing. @ 11:10 he counts fingers to make sure they're all there lol. Why even bother bringing a rope if you're not going to use it? Oh well it's a crazy world, you can only control yourself not save everybody else - best of luck there Kenny.

Bob Bob

This video of mine went VIRAL and I don’t even know why.. 6 million views and counting
Congratulations on the popular video Kenny. I watched it again today. There is always a lot to learn from a "raw" video where mistakes and successes both exist for the viewer to see.

I sometimes use my own video as a way to critique my techniques and methods; it can be a very effective self teaching tool (and sometimes cringe worthy). Don't mind those haters out there, keep sharing, learning and producing.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Kenny hardly ever contributes other than posting his videos and bailing. So I assume the replies and questions are falling on deaf ears.
Some improvements can be made, but all and all it’s pretty good. Much better and more boring than the last few I’ve watched..
Ha ha...epic evo...that is one cake tree..

moss

I don't know why either, except maybe for some reason Youtube's algorithm was listing it first when people searched for tree removal? Maybe a well-chosen thumbnail? (I didn't watch the whole thing..... any smoking hot bikini girls running your ropes?)

Pretty standard stuff, except how you missed the fence by 2 inches when you flew the top! :eek:

Nice work man. Congrats on the views. Now get that ad revenue!!

(P.S. I'm just breaking in a new 355T. Love it so far.)
Note that the fence belongs to the neighbor not the customer/homeowner.

The quickness of the work shows the ease of experience. Not a hater, for myself if i’m Moving that quick I need to slow down a hair. Moving a hand or arm near the bar when the other hand is on the throttle and the saw is running freaks me out, I’ve had enough close shaves, I can’t do that.

It’s the boring run of the mill stuff that gets you, stay safe brothers and sisters in tree work.
-AJ

rico

Just watched the whole thing. Rolled the top pretty hard into a nearby tree, and blind luck was the only thing that kept you from buying some new fence boards. You completely cut through your hinge on a chunk or 2, causing the butt to slide forward and the log to sit back on ya'. Watch that hinge bro. If you do that in some real wood your gonna loose a log over backwards. Just keeping it real Kenny.

Bucknut

Watch that hinge bro. If you do that in some real wood your gonna loose a log over backwards.
^^^^^ True story. I noticed that too.

Unbelievable that I didn't notice that he left his freakin rope on the ground until I read another comment. Maybe a little too complacent. I've become a big fan of my AFS. Saved my ass on a couple dead ash trees about the same size as that pine. Butt hitched the tops out, ground guy failed to let it run, and without my AFS the stem wobble would have sent me falling.

Live and learn.

owScott

No really sure what going viral even means, but congrats Kenny.

It always amazes me that so many guys grab the tree when spurring up or down a tree. Thats what your flip-line is for gentlemen. Grab that mutherfucker and own it!
Rico, I have a side question for you and anybody else and don't mean to side track this thread. Which side do you adjust your flipline. I prefer my left side so the saw doesn't keep getting wrapped in the tail of the flipline. A small detail I noticed among the other things mentioned here.

rico

Rico, I have a side question for you and anybody else and don't mean to side track this thread. Which side do you adjust your flipline. I prefer my left side so the saw doesn't keep getting wrapped in the tail of the flipline. A small detail I noticed among the other things mentioned here.
I have always run my flip-line adjustment on my left and my rope snap/biner on the right, but thats just me.