The Sounds of Science

JD3000

Most well-known member
Here's a spot to post stuff and nerd-out for a minute. Folks seem to post similar articles here and there so perhaps this will help keep the topics in one spot.

sztvc.jpg

NASA Says Ultima Thule Actually Looks Like A Pancake And A Walnut https://n.pr/2WYphxq

Last edited:

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
Here's a spot to post stuff and nerd-out for a minute. Folks seem to post similar articles here and there so perhaps this will help keep the topics in one spot.

View attachment 57542

NASA Says Ultima Thule Actually Looks Like A Pancake And A Walnut https://n.pr/2WYphxq

PB Blaster products are a much better choice...in my non-scientific opinion and research.

rico

You Don't Have To Go No-Carb: Instead, Think Slow Carb https://n.pr/2QV4Ywl
I have lived by the "safe starches" principals prescribed in the Perfect Health Diet for a few years now. Seems to work very well for me.

If you believe what the Paleo crowd tells you about these whole grains/slow carbs, they are very hard to digest and actually create toxins in our bodies. Who fucking knows?

I know that I personally don't do well with many of the so-called slow cabs/whole grains. I live on tons of meat, fats, green veggies, and copious amounts of sweet tators, white and red tators, yams, white rice, plantain, bananas, etc. Keeps my energy up and my brain working (sort of)..

rope-a-dope

I have cut back on meat a lot. I feel great eating legumes, piles of veggies, any kind of potato and all the fruits and nuts. Cant go wrong if it came from a tree!
I just cant believe all the dietary advice out there, so much conflicting info. The thing they say about the slow carbs, is that the slower digestion helps your body absorb nutrients and regulate blood sugar levels for sustained energy. But really, who fucking knows? The genius gut flora that are really the ones controlling us...the deep doodoo state.

evo

I have cut back on meat a lot. I feel great eating legumes, piles of veggies, any kind of potato and all the fruits and nuts. Cant go wrong if it came from a tree!
I just cant believe all the dietary advice out there, so much conflicting info. The thing they say about the slow carbs, is that the slower digestion helps your body absorb nutrients and regulate blood sugar levels for sustained energy. But really, who fucking knows? The genius gut flora that are really the ones controlling us...the deep doodoo state.
I've been veggie my whole life. Not super strict with chicken broth, but that is the closet thing. Well I guess the right term is pescatarian, I love me some fish.
Its never been a health or a political thing for me, guess since I've never had red meat I don't have the right gut flora to break it down, so it just comes back up.
I can't live without cheeses, the good classy kind, eggs, and potatoes. Good whole breads, and healthy pastas.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom