The RIG

surveyor

I think it might be neat also to have it pivot in the middle, so the front wheels can "twist" independant of the rear wheels.

rico

I think it might be neat also to have it pivot in the middle, so the front wheels can "twist" independant of the rear wheels.
I don't know if you have ever driven a piece of equipment or vehicle that articulates in the middle, but you can get yourself into trouble/strange positions real quick if you dont know what your doing and/or your not paying attention.

surveyor

Yes, you would need to limit the twisting motion to maybe about 15%. I have not driven anything like your log mover, but I did make a vehicle from scratch with two independant hydraulically driven front wheel drive motors, using army surplus jeep tires at all four wheels. The front wheel drive and operator section rotated 360 degrees at the top of the cab, while the rear pickup style bed (but smaller) could twist like I am describing. The twisting motion was constrained by two automotive shock absorbers. The result was a vehicle that could spin and turn in any direction, and the bed would follow behind (or in front depending on which way the cab was facing).

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom