The Hoeflon C10

oceans

Been here a while
Gypsy moth, winter moth?
So, basically a bunch came to a head in a single year…

1) Years of winter moth pressure left unchecked, which multiplies by a factor of about 10, annually.
2) The 7 year gypsy moth cycle comes on the heels of the winter moth defoliation.
3) A relatively short Spring followed by drought.

Will stein

We have been looking for something to increase production as we are a small company "my brother and I" we don't want to get any bigger but want to get more efficient on the larger trees that are more time consuming with just me climbing and my brother on the ground with a Giant 254t. This possibly might be the answer. I will admit I didn't think it had enough chart but your pictures prove otherwise! Keep up the content. What length trailor is required to haul this. Would it fit in a 14" or 16" dump trailor?

oceans

Been here a while
We have been looking for something to increase production as we are a small company "my brother and I" we don't want to get any bigger but want to get more efficient on the larger trees that are more time consuming with just me climbing and my brother on the ground with a Giant 254t. This possibly might be the answer. I will admit I didn't think it had enough chart but your pictures prove otherwise! Keep up the content. What length trailor is required to haul this. Would it fit in a 14" or 16" dump trailor?
This type of machine could be the ticket for you, but I don’t know what size trees you typically work on. Having a crane still allows you to climb, which is good. Thinking back, it would have been a bad decision to buy the crane before the lift, since the tree condition was so bad. It would hav been unsafe to remain in the tree as a pick was being removed. The lift was a first step, and the crane is an incredible second step in production. It actually allows us to split into 2 small crews and remain very productive. I’ve even done a few clearance pruning jobs with the crane…when you’ve got a 35’ long, 10” diameter leader hovering a few feet over a roof, its possible to remove the entire branch in one pick, and not feel silly for bringing in a “large” crane. It’s also incredible for forwarding massive amounts of material, and even efficiently loading that material into trucks…sort of a do-all type of machine.

Having the mini crane has certainly changed the pace on the job site, and in a really good way. You have to remind yourself that, production wise, far more is happening with it than without it. You just have to get used to feeling like you aren’t destroying yourself to get the job done.

The trailer in the photo is made by Mission Trailers, located in Maine. It’s a 14,000 GVW unit with an amazing payload of 12,100 Lbs. The deck is about 18’ long and 7’ wide, and the entire trailer is made of aluminum except for the 2 Torflex axles. It rides like a dream. The crane, however, is only about 12‘ long, so it easily would fit into a 14’ dump trailer. Just be sure your trailer has the payload for it.

oceans

Been here a while
And now for the elephant in the house…. How much does one of those thingys go for? I know the price of Steve’s, but clueless on the price of yours
Just a few bucks more than any currently available Spider Lift. Depending on options, figure from $140k to $180k. In my eyes, very reasonable considering what you can access vs. a truck mounted unit of similar reach and likely 2x the cost, and which you may even need a Class B or A License to drive.

Will stein

This type of machine could be the ticket for you, but I don’t know what size trees you typically work on. Having a crane still allows you to climb, which is good. Thinking back, it would have been a bad decision to buy the crane before the lift, since the tree condition was so bad. It would hav been unsafe to remain in the tree as a pick was being removed. The lift was a first step, and the crane is an incredible second step in production. It actually allows us to split into 2 small crews and remain very productive. I’ve even done a few clearance pruning jobs with the crane…when you’ve got a 35’ long, 10” diameter leader hovering a few feet over a roof, its possible to remove the entire branch in one pick, and not feel silly for bringing in a “large” crane. It’s also incredible for forwarding massive amounts of material, and even efficiently loading that material into trucks…sort of a do-all type of machine.

Having the mini crane has certainly changed the pace on the job site, and in a really good way. You have to remind yourself that, production wise, far more is happening with it than without it. You just have to get used to feeling like you aren’t destroying yourself to get the job done.

The trailer in the photo is made by Mission Trailers, located in Maine. It’s a 14,000 GVW unit with an amazing payload of 12,100 Lbs. The deck is about 18’ long and 7’ wide, and the entire trailer is made of aluminum except for the 2 Torflex axles. It rides like a dream. The crane, however, is only about 12‘ long, so it easily would fit into a 14’ dump trailer. Just be sure your trailer has the payload for it.
Great info and thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I'm in Massachusetts and the trees aren't necessarily massive other than the occasional hardwood or tall white pine tree.

Luckily my dump trailor is 14" and 16,000 gvw pulled behind a Ram 2500 this might work out.

oceans

Been here a while
Great info and thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I'm in Massachusetts and the trees aren't necessarily massive other than the occasional hardwood or tall white pine tree.

Luckily my dump trailor is 14" and 16,000 gvw pulled behind a Ram 2500 this might work out.
We cover Mass and Rhode Island. Send me a PM and you can come check it out sometime.

oceans

Been here a while
Interested in the weight of the pick in the last picture. I have the perfect name for that spider crane "The Magic Stick" lol
I believe the magic display was reading around 350kg, so figure close to 800 pounds. I always laugh whe I see that photo because you can follow his rope over the fence to where he made the stump cut.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom