The Hoeflon C10

oceans

Been here a while
Not my dad’s old Chevy, but the Spider Crane by Hoeflon. I think it’s a perfect match for use with a Spider Lift.

Similar, if not better accessibility as my 87-48 Spider Lift. While the crane is heavier, it folds up in a smaller package. It can be made lighter by removing the modular counterweights and jib.

Several years ago, we had a huge Oak Tree mortality rate. Over time, I went from climbing recently dead trees, to needing a lift to manage rigging them apart, to really wishing I had a crane that could fit where my Lift goes. It’s almost hard to believe it’s all a reality now, and I’m totally guilty of wanting to spec it on every job. It’s a true game changer.

So, every day, it’s no real match for having a CDL, a bigger crane, and a big crew to boot. But for most of our sites, this is hard to beat. We have a bit of a niche for a while with the Lift, so as said, the Spider Crane logically follows suit. Surprisingly, we actually sub quite often for local companies that own big cranes but can’t get a setup due to lack of outrigger space, too many crisscrossing service drops, septic systems and leaching fields, Etc…

So without further ado, here’s a fully dressed, 10,362 pound mighty mite with over 70’ of reach that you can tow under CDL with a pickup and squeeze into places you may have never thought of employing a crane.

oceans

Been here a while
Please enjoy. While making this post was relatively easy, it’s been difficult to make time to sort and organize all the photos I have of this machine in use. Thanks for your patience, as I’ve been promising to make this thread for a while.

So far, it’s been mostly trouble free for a full year. If anyone wants to rap about it, I’ll be spending some time with the UPEquip booth at TCIA Expo in Indianapolis. My brother will be there as well…the big hair show in the Lift. I’ll have my iPad equipped with a full album of photos and cool videos.

Cheers, everyone!

deevo

Been here a while
Please enjoy. While making this post was relatively easy, it’s been difficult to make time to sort and organize all the photos I have of this machine in use. Thanks for your patience, as I’ve been promising to make this thread for a while.

So far, it’s been mostly trouble free for a full year. If anyone wants to rap about it, I’ll be spending some time with the UPEquip booth at TCIA Expo in Indianapolis. My brother will be there as well…the big hair show in the Lift. I’ll have my iPad equipped with a full album of photos and cool videos.

Cheers, everyone!
cool stuff hope to see you down there

oceans

Been here a while
Thank You for sharing Sir
Absolutely amazing
I will be looking forward to talking with you in November
My pleasure. It’s been so many months since I said I would make this thread that it actually feels like a weight off my shoulders. I definitely look forward to meeting you as well.

oceans

Been here a while
That's really cool! How does it do climbing slopes?
The technical answer is 24 degree approach moving boom first, and 27 degrees moving counterweight first. How does it translate into real life? Take a close look at post #7 of this thread. You can see the slope we were working on, several hundred yards out in the tree line behind the client’s home. If you look at the lift, you can see how we had to run the track while adjusting the outriggers to essentially dig a hole to get the machine level. That’s pretty steep, and we continued further down that slope to manage more dead trees along the property line.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom