Terek 720 vs 730 Chipper

Nickvandervelde

I'm looking to purchase my first chipper. I found a 2013 Terek 720 Kubota diesel with 800 hrs for $17,000. Does anyone have experience with the 720? I've found lots of positive reviews of the 730 but nothing on the 720. Wondering what the difference is between the models?

Lumberjack

Biggest difference is the discharge chute is a forestry style on the 720 and normal on the 730. The 720 doesn’t have reversing auto feed either, if memory is correct.

The 720 was made to be a budget utility chipper that never made it big.

Lumberjack

Plausibly, as far as I know I only made them unlisted.

$17k for a 720 seems massively high for a limited run/unsuccessful machine, but I’ve been out of that market for a while.

deevo

720 has a fixed chute also, that’s a very high price also as Carl mentioned. Should be in the 11-12 range with that many hours @Lumberjack i have a 730 I bought from Carl and is a good chipper

Lumberjack

Looking good, and I bet it’s made some money in those 800 hours!

I’ve found myself wishing I kept one of those last units... I don’t know how much I’d use it but it would have handy from time to time.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom