Taking over a bussinesse

Toparboring

In the next four months I will be taking over the side work. In other words I am going from part time climber working with cert. arb. to being in charge.
I am just wondering this as a biggy when it comes down to it how did you all do in the beginning of it all in pricing yourself out and the crew. Does anyone have mabey a check sheet for all exspences that they cherge out when it comes to personal gear, ropes saws, lowering devices,etc.
I have for the most been the one that is good outside the house and now am spending more time on the computer trying to figure out where to start in the take over, and how to keep it going. So far we are weekend warriors and small jobs after work crew, just trying to get a feel with what to start with to exspand this gig into a full time deal.

Nathan

[ QUOTE ]
So far we are weekend warriors and small jobs after work crew, just trying to get a feel with what to start with to exspand this gig into a full time deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a tree business, it has been my experience that you have to do it full time or not and a business does not experience linear growth. At a certain point, you have to $hit or get off the pot so to speak.

.02 /forum/images/graemlins/aaa.gif

allmark

Remember Cash flow is important. So is a good accountant. I went several years doing it all myself. Stick to your skills and hire others to use theirs.

Toparboring

That part is taken by wife she is good putting mulla where it is needed. I have taken some days off from the 40 hour work thing to get some things rolling and came up with the even match of work to the regular job then full time tree work. i have the bennies right now and have to get them rolling for the bussiness.
I have some reel thinking to get going and $hit or get off pot right now would be great, and the family would be right behind me but the bennies will not, things I need to have there.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom