Swinger 3000 loader

Gareth's Tree

I have been looking for a larger articulated loader. (More to just use around my yard moving logs and occasionally taking on a big tree job.) I bought a Waldon 5100 because I thought it would do what I wanted and it was very reasonably priced. However, I have since learned that it was not designed to do what I was hoping so I am trying to find something else.

I came across a swinger 3000 loader and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? We have a local tree guy who has several swinger 2000 loaders that he has run for years and seems to really like.

I cannot find much info on the Swinger 3000 since it is an older model. I can't even find how much it weighs or how high can lift or anything like that.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
I owned a Waldon 5000. Spent many hours on it

Swingers seemed to have the same capacity. They were also a LOT lighter

Gareth's Tree

The Waldon is definitely a beast! That thing is built like a tank, and should last forever.

What I did not realize when I bought it is it is designed to work in low gear only. Low gear maxes out at about two and a half miles an hour. It will run around in high gear on smooth flat ground only. After testing the hydraulic system and talking to the factory it sounds like my machine is operating as it should. It is just not designed to drive with any speed unless you are on a flat hard surface.

So, unfortunately this will not help me navigate uneven terrain while moving logs and other debris with any sort of efficiency.

Do you know how how much your swinger 3000 weighed? I'm having trouble finding any specs for them online. I was also wondering how much they would pick up and how high the lift pin height was...
It weighed 9800 pounds, I think it lifted around 6k pounds. I don’t know what the lift height was.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom