Swing brake

Treeline

Looking for help! I just bought a used link belt htc8640. Everything seems to function flawlessly except the swing brake is not working. The park brake works but not the foot pedal. It worked fine when I demoed the unit two weeks ago. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Fivepoints

You'll probably end up replacing the swing brake master cylinder or caliper. That's a nice size crane for treework. We basically have the grove version. We've rented a HTC 8670 a bunch. Its a really nice machine. Congrats on the new crane.

Treeline

You'll probably end up replacing the swing brake master cylinder or caliper. That's a nice size crane for treework. We basically have the grove version. We've rented a HTC 8670 a bunch. Its a really nice machine. Congrats on the new crane.
Thanks! Your'e probably right on the brake, the inspector wrote "needs monitoring" on his report several days ago. Although it is good and tight now that I bled it. Does your grove have a rooster sheave? I'm considering removing mine because I don't see the point, It only has one winch so i'm not running two lines at once. It just seems like an extra 2' sticking off the front to me.

Fivepoints

Our grove did have a rooster sheave but we don't run with it on. We have two winches but we have never bothered to hook up the ball on the aux hoist. Its just not needed for tree work. On ours we can run two lines without it if we aren't running the block. With 14k worth of single line pull, we don't normally use the block. I'd take it off but keep it in storage. Sometimes we have put our crane in such a tight spot that the rooster sheave would have prevented us from getting in there.

Treeline

Our grove did have a rooster sheave but we don't run with it on. We have two winches but we have never bothered to hook up the ball on the aux hoist. Its just not needed for tree work. On ours we can run two lines without it if we aren't running the block. With 14k worth of single line pull, we don't normally use the block. I'd take it off but keep it in storage.
My thoughts exactly! I don’t see us using the block either except maybe the rare occasion we get into massive wood that we can get close to. I’ve seen my rental guy use his block with us one time and even then we would have only been 60-65% capacity on the single line.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom