Stump Grinder

ROYCE

Looking for a good used stump grinder. Looking to spend about 15K. I know thats not a ton in the realm of grinders but I just can't see spending more on something that is going to make me so little money. Hoping for the biggest diesel that price can buy. Would love to find a good rayco rg50.

What do you have, or know where there might be some good ones. I have looked all over.

Jasonk

Looking for a good used stump grinder. Looking to spend about 15K. I know thats not a ton in the realm of grinders but I just can't see spending more on something that is going to make me so little money. Hoping for the biggest diesel that price can buy. Would love to find a good rayco rg50.

What do you have, or know where there might be some good ones. I have looked all over.
Let me make a call Monday, I may have a good connection. Our rg 50 has been good to us.

colb

If it's for a few stumps, consider the stumper mini attachment with the independent power supply. I think you can get one new for that price and you don't have to trailer a separate unit to the job site. I realize you may want to roll differently... I have the weaniest stumper grinding attachment. The main drawback is that the grinder arm doesn't rotate - the mini tracks reposition the grinder. I solve that by throwing down plywood if I need to.

ROYCE

If it's for a few stumps, consider the stumper mini attachment with the independent power supply. I think you can get one new for that price and you don't have to trailer a separate unit to the job site. I realize you may want to roll differently... I have the weaniest stumper grinding attachment. The main drawback is that the grinder arm doesn't rotate - the mini tracks reposition the grinder. I solve that by throwing down plywood if I need to.
I hate grinding stumps. I hate it. Have I told you that I hate grinding stumps:) I have rented one since day one of me owning my own business. The problem is now scheduling. If I owned my own I could do it at the same time I was on site removing the tree. I have looked into the attachment however we have two large jobs where I have to clean up the grindings and I like to use the dingo bucket for that.
I might do that route if I can't find a good stumper for 15K

Gorman

The Diahatsu is a bad bad engine. Search on this and other boards. Vermeer replaced it with the yanmar and it was a good choice.

Steve Connally

If I got a 50 it would be a super 50. Had one and loved it. The only problem is it hates getting overheated. Try the tree and landscape equipment trader online. Stumpers are a dime a dozen on there. One issue I know of with the rayco is frame torque can cause the fuel tank to crack. I don't know if they have fixed that issue in design. Mine had 1000 hours before it cracked. Just couldn't fill it all the way up or it would leak.

petes

Can't speak for the super 50 , but I had an rg 50 for about 4 years and hated it. My tank cracked as well. Also didn't like the fiberglass shell that would sooner or later crack or break. Working on the motor was horrible as everything is crammed in really tight. For your price range I'd look at a carlton 4400-4. Similar horsepower to an rg 50, much beefier, wireless or wired remote options and the motor sits on top of the machine which is great.

RIVIEZZO TREE EXPERTS

Royce tree n landscape has some of your best choices. Rg50 is gonna be a good choice, try n get a super for the added hp. I run a rg70 n love it. Down the road ide like to get a rg100 on tracks like they had at tcia

DTS

If you set on getting a Rayco I'd call rayco themselves and let them know what your looking for and price range they have good used machines and you know they checked it out before sale. My buddy bought a used 1635 had a problem and rayco picked it up and swapped it for another.

Jeff

If you're set on getting a Rayco I'd call rayco themselves and let them know what your looking for and price range as they have good used machine
Yup. That $16.9 one I posted above was coming directly from them.