stretch-air vs. sip gladiators?

treesandsurf

I bought a pair of the non-protective SIP gladiator pants about six months ago. The fit is great, they are real light weight and super tough. I'm thinking about buying another pair, because I use the pair I've got all the time.

Wondering if those of you who have used the stretch-airs and the gladiators can comment on which you prefer? How is the fit between the two? I've noticed SIPS seem to fit smaller guys pretty well. Same with stretch-air? Thanks for the input,

jp

familytree

Gladiators are where it's at.

I've used both and much prefer the gladiators. Better thought out overal design and much more comfortable.

There's rumors of a non protective knee version of the arborwear ones coming out. I'm interested in those because that protective knee padding is hot!

trevmcrev

[ QUOTE ]
I bought a pair of the non-protective SIP gladiator pants about six months ago. The fit is great, they are real light weight and super tough. I'm thinking about buying another pair, because I use the pair I've got all the time.

Wondering if those of you who have used the stretch-airs and the gladiators can comment on which you prefer? How is the fit between the two? I've noticed SIPS seem to fit smaller guys pretty well. Same with stretch-air? Thanks for the input,

jp

[/ QUOTE ]

What are SIP Gladiators???

Pfanner make Stretch Air, & Stretch Air Gladiators.

Do you mean SIP Progress???

whiz

I have a couple pair of SIPs and I've climbed in them a couple times and I thought they were no great shakes. Like wearing sleeping bags on both legs. I've wanted Gladiators but I see they only come in like a 34" length. I'm 6'3" and fear that $380. into it the length will be insufficient for me. Any of you taller guys have this issue with them?

[ QUOTE ]
...I've wanted Gladiators but I see they only come in like a 34" length. I'm 6'3" and fear that $380. into it the length will be insufficient for me. Any of you taller guys have this issue with them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't comment from personal experience, considering I ordered a pair of Gladiators from a certain local arborist supply shop over 8 months ago and they still haven't arrived...hmmmmmmm. At first I too was quite skeptical about dropping some serious dough on a pair of pants that would quite likely be too short, but...
My boss (who is also a pretty tall guy, 6'5") got a pair of Gladiators a couple years ago and he is really happy with them. They seem to fit well (with the longest inseam length) and they are still in one piece, which says a lot for their construction.
Hopefully that helps, can't wait to get mine!

Matt

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom