Stihl

Jonny

Here’s a copy and paste right from the horse’s mouth:

“ No matter how you slice it (or trim it or shred it), there’s no better protection for your high performance 2-stroke engine than STIHL HP Ultra Oil. This 2-cycle engine oil has outstanding engine cleaning characteristics, plus “ultra” lubricating qualities that are superior to other 2-cycle engine oils. This fully synthetic oil is also highly biodegradable, degrading by 80% in 21 days. We’re so confident this oil will protect your engine, we’ll double your STIHL limited warranty* when you use it. It’s that good.”

I’m not sure how this can possibly be taken any other way. Your Stihl guy is being a weasel... poorly.

Merle Nelson

That's what I always use. Mixed a little heavy at 40:1 it never carbons anything up.

Noticing the little thumbnail picture of Ultra lube brought something to mind. When I've priced it out in the past to see what quantity would start to be a better price - there was none. Smallest bottle to mix a gallon at a time is the same price per volume as a 55 gal drum.

Reach

That's what I always use. Mixed a little heavy at 40:1 it never carbons anything up.

Noticing the little thumbnail picture of Ultra lube brought something to mind. When I've priced it out in the past to see what quantity would start to be a better price - there was none. Smallest bottle to mix a gallon at a time is the same price per volume as a 55 gal drum.
I’m not sure where you priced that, we are buying it in five gallon jugs, at a tremendous cost savings.

Merle Nelson

Oh...., that sounds great. Do you mind sharing how much you're able to get it for by the 5 gallon?

I priced it at my normal Stihl dealership. And on the Internet .

Reach

Oh...., that sounds great. Do you mind sharing how much you're able to get it for by the 5 gallon?

I priced it at my normal Stihl dealership. And on the Internet .
Not at all. I had to find the invoice, I couldn’t remember how much we had spent. The last bucket cost $319.96, before PA’s 6% sales tax.