Stihl ms 461 new model

Paul Taylor

hello I’m thinking of buying a Stihl ms 461 or a mtronic 441,what are your thoughts on both saws and which one is the easiest for use and maintenance? Thanks for your help

jcarufel

Yeah! The 461 really is the best saw they've ever made. Great fuel consumption, not bery heavy compared tot he big brother 660 and in my opinion, almost as much power as the 660. You won't be disappointed with one!

Paul Taylor

Thanks for all your replies,the 461 sounds like a good uncomplicated saw,I see the 462 is coming next year with mtronic,would I be better waiting or just get a 461? Thanks again for your help

Worthaug

Thanks for all your replies,the 461 sounds like a good uncomplicated saw,I see the 462 is coming next year with mtronic,would I be better waiting or just get a 461? Thanks again for your help
Best to get the tried and true standard carb’d 461 and let the 462 go through the paces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Taylor

Best to get the tried and true standard carb’d 461 and let the 462 go through the paces.

Thanks for your advice,I’m not a professional,would it be easy enough adjusting the carburettor? There’s good advice online on carb adjustments!

Jackjcc

The videos of the 462 look good enough to risk it. I’m buying one first day they are available in the US.

Jackjcc

Rumors are late ‘18 in the US. Need somebody to send me one from Germany.

Gorman

I have a couple 461’s. I love them. There was a recall with some of the early ones having to do with the boot around the fuel line or something.
The 441 is a nice saw but I would go with the 461

Paul Taylor

I have a couple 461’s. I love them. There was a recall with some of the early ones having to do with the boot around the fuel line or something.
The 441 is a nice saw but I would go with the 461
Thanks for your advice,mind made up,461 it is