Stihl 192T!

frans

Soon, March or maybe before, this new climbing saw will be released to the general public.
I believe this will be a great saw, the engine follows the same design as the 020, and the weight will be significantly lighter, altho with less horsepower. But if you want more power use the ms200.
I think this saw will be a great contender for the Echo climbing saws.
I have on order the new Stihl backpack blower with the 4/mix engine. Havent had a chance to use it yet but really look forward to the reduced engine noise...
I think Stihl is putting out two great products which will become industry standards to us working folks
Frans

Mahk_Adams

Mark;

Any more info on this yet? Someone at work saw it at a local trade show (Stihl had some on hand to demo) and wondered what people were saying about this. Have you tried it yet? How does it stand beside the 200T? Good substitute for pruning?

Thanks.

Mahk

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
Mahk,

I have one, but wouldn't feel that I have enough time on it to review it. I would just say that it is a lot lighter and has less power. Mine is running good and I will give it more use this week. It will sell for about $269.00.

frans

$269.00?!!!
I spend more than that just getting out of bed in the morning what with payroll and all...
O.K. How about some pictures? Are you able to post any?
Frans

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
I was just at a conference that had a day at the Stihl factory. Everyone was stunned at how intense they do things. High tech doesn't even touch it. The robots there are amazing! So fast and efficient I worry about my worth compared to them!

Anyway, one thing that got a lot of attention was the new 192 T line where they were making 700 or so in three shifts. So many guys had to grab one and pick them up. Everyone said "wow that's pretty light".

Frans, it looks similar to a 200T. It just has less power and a few differences like and extra lever for the choke, purge pump... and so on. You should see some real soon.

I used mine all day today pruning (and removing one pine) and it felt good. It was light and cut well. I would get it with the mini roller bar (smaller nose) and the micro narrow chain. This helps it to power through a cut quicker. Someone asked about a spark arrester, and yes there is one. And yes it can be removed, but I didn't take mine out /forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif

woodpecker

Mark-

So the 192T was the saw you were talking about coming out soon that would replace my echoes. I am assuming that I will get a chance to play with one at Spring TCI. It will be interesting to see if does the trick. I will get back after I do a little touchy feely with it./forum/images/graemlins/monkeedance2.gif

Brian

P.S. the style dosen't grab me looks to much like a tennis shoe, but everything does now days.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom