Stihl 026 tuning trouble

tbupnorth

After fixing every possible air and fuel leak I can think of by rebuilding the carb, replacing the fuel and impulse line and doing a compression test (150psi) this saw refuses to tune. No matter what i do it dies with throttle, idles funny and seems to run extremely rich at times even at 1 turn or less on both the low and high jet. I haven't done a pressure test on the carb as i dont have a tester though its on my wishlist. The carb is a Walbro 22b I believe. I don't feel like pulling it off to check but I am pretty sure that's what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im getting pretty tired of tearing this thing apart.

climbstihl

I had a similar problem with mine, I replaced the entire carb after nothing else worked. Some carbs are just beyond rebuilding. I had a Walbro 22b as well, not sure if the replacement was one as well or not. I also replaced the crank seals, but that was because it would die when turned to the side. That was also before I got a vacuum pump to check for air leaks.

tbupnorth

I had a similar problem with mine, I replaced the entire carb after nothing else worked. Some carbs are just beyond rebuilding. I had a Walbro 22b as well, not sure if the replacement was one as well or not. I also replaced the crank seals, but that was because it would die when turned to the side. That was also before I got a vacuum pump to check for air leaks.
I just went outside and started it and it is running and cutting perfectly. I didn't even need to retune it other than richening the high jet about an 1/8 turn and leaning the low a 1/16. No idea why it works now. I am extremely confused but I'm not complaining. I guess I'll have to see how it goes on a job tomorrow.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom