Sticht Hitch

Lupin_IV

Participating member
6FF3C112-E639-478F-8ECF-56075BE80356.jpeg

this seems to be the ticket for a pulley in prelim testing! Hand tending is completely effortless once you pass the 45 degree mark. Adds a little bit of length to the system but the gain seems worth it. I could never get the HC pulley to work, would rotate and really mess with descent and upward tending was weird. The ring drops right into the groove with the ct pulley (this all may have been discussed, excuse redundancy if it has). Only worry is the slight bend between the ring and where it enters the pulley for descent but seems ok. 100% on par with a rope runner IMO.

Brocky

Been here a while
The small space between the fixed side plates is enough to push the ring straight up, the strap does the same. I had the same problem with the Oval VT, the oval carabiner would always go sideways and jam up the hitch, the overhand knot would tend on its own with a little more friction, so eventually ran it that way.

Lupin_IV

Participating member
The small space between the fixed side plates is enough to push the ring straight up, the strap does the same. I had the same problem with the Oval VT, the oval carabiner would always go sideways and jam up the hitch, the overhand knot would tend on its own with a little more friction, so eventually ran it that way.

I do love how the thimble is literally right below or in the case of the blue ring directly attached to said ring giving a nice even instant push straight upward. Can’t seem to get it to tend like the pulley tho, gotta keep experimenting

This is something I started messing around with.
0e8a506978cce04de0e2a2d68e39f6ed.jpg

7d7be43a95006012a390c35f82c58dd2.jpg

This is 11.7mm bluemoon with 8 mm Samson accessory cord. Ring is a camp 34 mm.

There is little sit back when loaded which I like. Runs up and down easy enough considering this is a know and not a mechanical device.

87c8b97b1e59b13726e0eb0c62c8748e.jpg

This photo shows the curve in the rope when load is applied. Seems to hold but I have not tested this with a harness yet.

Open to ideas or suggestions.

*stopper knot is my laziman knot to be used one in hand testing and not weight bearing tearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brocky

Been here a while
It looks like it will hold and slide, but I think will start to bind up with repeated loading and unloading. I don’t see where the slack would be stopped from going to the eyes, armchair quarterbacking though.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom