Splitting the lines

Jem4417

Line clearance arborists and line clearance arborists trainees are allowed as long as you maintain mad without crouching in the bucket also including the reach of your hand or any non conductive tool

TimBr

Official Well Known Greeter
Is it cool to fly bucket between primaries and CATV? If so when and who?
I do not know the answer to your question other than to say that I think operating near primaries takes a lot of specialized training and specialized equipment. If a primary voltage were to hit someone, I get the impression the person would be very lucky to survive it, and if they do, they will probably be missing a large part of their body. It will burn a person from the inside out, along the entire length of the path that the electricity flows. Horrific injuries are the result. I would say, as an amateur, that such work should be left to the folks who work for the power company.

Tim

opposablethumb

Line clearance arborists and line clearance arborists trainees are allowed as long as you maintain mad without crouching in the bucket also including the reach of your hand or any non conductive tool
Where does OSHA or the Z state that crouching is not allowed? Where is it stated that the reach of your hand and any non-conductive tool have to be included in the measurement?

My understanding is that both OSHA and the Z require that MAD be "maintained". Seems to me that we need to agree what the definition of "maintain" is. I take it to mean that as long as you don't cross the MAD boundary, you are in compliance. Others take it to mean that if you have the potential to cross the MAD boundary by outstretching your arm, or holding a non-conductive tool, then you are not in compliance.

Thank you for sharing any insight on this question - it is an issue I am working on right now.

Jem4417

Where does OSHA or the Z state that crouching is not allowed? Where is it stated that the reach of your hand and any non-conductive tool have to be included in the measurement?

My understanding is that both OSHA and the Z require that MAD be "maintained". Seems to me that we need to agree what the definition of "maintain" is. I take it to mean that as long as you don't cross the MAD boundary, you are in compliance. Others take it to mean that if you have the potential to cross the MAD boundary by outstretching your arm, or holding a non-conductive tool, then you are not in compliance.

Thank you for sharing any insight on this question - it is an issue I am working on right now.
That was asplundhs company policy I see where that would be confusing. I think “crouching” breaks proper bucket operation practices

opposablethumb

That was asplundhs company policy I see where that would be confusing. I think “crouching” breaks proper bucket operation practices
Yes, that makes sense about Asplundh policy. I'm not saying reach shouldn't be factored in, or that workers should be allowed to crouch. I'm just seeking some clarity on what the regulations require.

Thanks for responding!

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom