SPIN 1D Surprisingly useful 1 way pulley

Lemonjello

Reads a lot...posts a little
It is a great light rigging pulley, meant for hauling and lowering, it gives good controllable friction and you're not fighting to haul the working end back up. Similar to the rigging wrench.
Works great as a speed line/highline anchor really well, you can take up slack between pieces easier and smooth release with a bit of friction for landing, using a 2-1 it works really well since you can tighten up and it'll hold under load. Just sharing, hope it comes in handy for someone. It's earned a spot in my bag for sure. Using both ends of rigging line I can solo rig out two smaller pieces by flipping pulley around and keep working while ground crew is dragging pieces also great for hauling saws up and sending down.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 4.40.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 4.40.05 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 4.49.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 4.49.59 PM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 4.38.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 4.38.20 PM.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 78

RogerM

Carpal tunnel level member
Nice pulley thanks for showing it. Only saying this next part because if the cam in the ascender, used to set up tension, is spike toothed, be careful not to use excessive force. Not suggesting you would, But I did once...

Lemonjello

Reads a lot...posts a little
Nice pulley thanks for showing it. Only saying this next part because if the cam in the ascender, used to set up tension, is spike toothed, be careful not to use excessive force. Not suggesting you would, But I did once...
It’s what I had at the time. I would have preferred using a a hitch.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom