Southeast contract climbing

JoshR

I’m looking into doing some contract climbing for 1-3 week stints starting maybe later this year or earlier next year. This idea, for me, is for it to be a short-term supplemental income as I hope to grow a business in my area. I’ve got a family to care for and prefer to keep things relatively close. Experienced climber, over 10 years in tree work. Comp experience, up to date rigging practices, Certified Arborist. Insured. Class b cdl.

Pm for further convo. Thanks!

Last edited:

JoshR

Where are you in AL. Local Tree Co here looking for climber and will assist in relocate. East AL./West GA.
I’m not really looking to go full time with another company right now. Just looking to contract. I’m in tuscaloosa.

southsoundtree

@JoshR

Pics speak a thousand words.

Details!

Up to date rigging practices to some people means 'knotless rigging' and others it means double-whip tackle, GRCS, span-rigging, 'Speed-line King'-ing it up!;)

Pruning skills? Wide tree climbing skills? Conifer climbing skills? Felling skills?

How is your safety-planning, crew leadership, etc, etc.
Does comp-experience mean you're always a Tie-in-Twice climber, limb-walker, modern speed-ascender or skilled footlocker?

Driving record and experience, beyond licensing, etc, etc.

If you don't say/ show it, don't expect anyone to assume it.
I have learned that most people oversell themselves, smaller numbers undersell themselves/ don't see how high they are in the overall skill-set.

Good luck!

JoshR

@JoshR

Pics speak a thousand words.

Details!

Up to date rigging practices to some people means 'knotless rigging' and others it means double-whip tackle, GRCS, span-rigging, 'Speed-line King'-ing it up!;)

Pruning skills? Wide tree climbing skills? Conifer climbing skills? Felling skills?

How is your safety-planning, crew leadership, etc, etc.
Does comp-experience mean you're always a Tie-in-Twice climber, limb-walker, modern speed-ascender or skilled footlocker?

Driving record and experience, beyond licensing, etc, etc.

If you don't say/ show it, don't expect anyone to assume it.
I have learned that most people oversell themselves, smaller numbers undersell themselves/ don't see how high they are in the overall skill-set.

Good luck!
Thanks for the tips. Honestly I don’t take many pics. That’s something I’ll have to do. Maybe some kind of portfolio would be a good idea. Maybe a phone conversation could also be somewhat telling.

carlbuilds

I own/operate a small residential tree service in Birmingham not far from where Josh is based. He climbed and cut two days last week and was everything I am looking for in a climber and so much more. We took down a large dead pine in a tight spot with a crane; cut and removed a large dead pine in a backyard; and pruned a large white oak over a house. Josh showed up ready to work and proved to be a valuable asset right away. He is safe, efficient, productive and easy to be around. I highly recommend him for any type of tree project you might have on the books.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom