Source for 3/8 inch double braid.

dmonn

I've been looking for some 3/8 inch rope to use for a tag line, and having some trouble finding what I'm looking for. I'd like something flexible, strong, low stretch, that knots easily and unties easily. I'm thinking polyester/polyester double braid. What I've found so far all seem to have some issue or another. It's expensive (New England Rope or Samson Rope), limited specifications available, bad reviews, black only (can't see it in the trees very well), made in China described in Ingrish, etc. Anybody got a favorite US supplier for general cordage (not just arborist specific)?

Jonny

Great company. I got a 600’ of their 1/2” urethane coated poly-nylon double braid, very happy with the rope and their service, and as far as I know, their prices are unbeatable.

KevinS

I've been looking for some 3/8 inch rope to use for a tag line, and having some trouble finding what I'm looking for. I'd like something flexible, strong, low stretch, that knots easily and unties easily. I'm thinking polyester/polyester double braid. What I've found so far all seem to have some issue or another. It's expensive (New England Rope or Samson Rope), limited specifications available, bad reviews, black only (can't see it in the trees very well), made in China described in Ingrish, etc. Anybody got a favorite US supplier for general cordage (not just arborist specific)?
Sounds like that’s the cordage they sell at the hardware store. If it’s just a tag line and you are ok with its swl of course

Birdyman88

This seller on eBay has a lot of 3/8 DB geared toward sailing that may work for you. They don't have the longer lengths is the only downside. Seller is 100% legit and you can call them and see if they have anything longer. Sometimes they have stuff that's not listed.

Bart_

Maple Leaf is under cutting Universal Field Supplies on Tachyon, not by much, but the spirit is there. I once told the UFS guys they were starting to have Vermeer pricing as their prices rose.

dmonn

Maple Leaf Ropes was great to deal with. Even without free shipping, their price was good. The shipping was quick and reasonably prices. I had a question about the shipment that I sent via email while I was eating breakfast, and got a reply before I finished my meal. Awesome. The rope I got was excellent quality, and exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the suggestions.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom