SOLO chain saws?

Hammer

Ok I know alot of us are either Stihl or Husky freeks but who has tried these saws or know anything about them. We are looking at giving then a try and do not know if they will hold up to utility clearing operations. We currently use Stihl 200T's, 360, 440, 660. The price is not bad and looks pretty decent.
SOLO

Stick with the saws you know and can trust. A good service provider is just as important and the saw you use. Not the best saw out there but that was when I running one a few years ago. Do not compromise safety features, reliablity, and power for a cheaper saw. It'll come back to haunt you in the end.

richhoffman

While I agree with the need for a good local service provider, I don't agree with Solo saws being "cheaper". They are every bit as good as there Stihl or Husky equivalents. Is your opinion based on actual run time with Solo saws?

Hammer

I am not necessarily looking for cheaper...But a good saw that is equivilant or better than what we are using now. Any input on safety items, Longivity, User acceptance, ETC........

A local shop is nice but not necessary for our situation as we have several employees that are good saw mechanics. Usually when we cannot fix a saw it is usually trash any way.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom