Social media comments....

Jonny

Been here a while
I recently got on Facebook, and am following a few tree and chainsaw pages.
The ignorant loudmouth blowhards are insane. Lots of folks seem to find accidents, crippling injuries and deaths the funniest thing in the world. For every post that is constructive and contributes to the conversation, there’s 6 idiots hurling insults and trying to be funny. Someone told me I’m a pussy because I use real bar and chain oil instead of used motor oil.

Lots and lots of internet tough guys

southsoundtree

Been here a while
Just look at stupidity at home.

The ludicrous, unsustatiatable stuff that flies around here from people who don't put up anything else of worth is an example of people coming to tear things down because they have nothing better to offer.

They are here, at TB.

Time to Clean House.

Just my two cents, after only about 14 years of participation.

VenasNursery

Carpal tunnel level member
Just look at stupidity at home.

The ludicrous, unsustatiatable stuff that flies around here from people who don't put up anything else of worth is an example of people coming to tear things down because they have nothing better to offer.

They are here, at TB.

Time to Clean House.

Just my two cents, after only about 14 years of participation.
Unfortunately they’re everywhere

I found the best practice is to voice your opinion and leave it alone after that

Which is sometimes hard for me because I like to beat me war drum also

oldoakman

Been here a while
All the social media is awful.
So why continue to support it then? In its purist form it certainly has value, mix in some negative or loose cannon comments and it becomes tainted. I've never participated in any social media platform save this one and must admit, there are times when I have to check myself before I shoot my mouth off. And, I am sure there have been times when I have and offended someone.

Jonny

Been here a while
It’s painful to read. I’ll probably unfollow all that shit and just use Facebook to keep in touch with out of state family and old friends.

There’s a chainsaw page I tried following but it was too painful to read. Some guy asks a question about carb adjustment and a dozen people want to motherfuck him and tell him to just buy a 500i. Ridiculous. Slightly entertaining, but more sad. The forums are different. More policed, way more intelligent discussion.
Even the fiercest political discussions I’ve seen here ain’t shit compared to that mess on Facebook.

Reach

Been here a while
Social media is terrible these days. I was a very early user of Facebook (I’m the right age to have joined when it was only open to college students) and back then it was pretty cool. Instagram, same thing. Nowadays, I have no social media accounts whatsoever. My company has a Facebook page, but I don’t manage it or even have access to it, our marketing company deals with it for us. They just send over a screenshot if something interesting shows up, which is not real often.

I know nothing about TikTok besides what some of the “kids” I’ve hired talk about during the day, and that’s enough to cure me!

Phil

Branched out member
I've been on IG for a handful of years, but TikTok seems to be worse so far.
Tik Tok is awful. I have no social media presence but my girlfriend said I should start a lumberjack Only Fans where I hand split wood with my shirt off. Might give it a go if I don't get a raise soon.

I've seen a lot of content creators just not engage with the negative commenters. The people that post derogatory remarks are wanting one thing...a reaction. They have short attention spans so when they don't get it from you responding, they'll get it from another post they shit talked someone else on.

Phil

Branched out member
HaHa. How hard did you flex when you saw the camera? Gotta give 'em what they want. I'd ham it up something fierce and get into it like it was a professional photo shoot haha.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom