So 1550 attachment plate broke today

VenasNursery

Carpal tunnel level member
95EC79D1-35C8-4F26-B0E5-873A225829A0.jpeg AC39061D-3C03-4712-9BFE-7C3A6EFC9DA5.jpeg As you can see it broke in two spots but also in the picture there’s two cracks I have not noticed that’s been there for a while because they are rusty
When rigging heavy would I like to run a clevis to the D ringwith a lowering vs the Bollard on the BMG
Luckily nobody got hurt and when I called Ditch Witch they offer a steel one versus a cast one which comes stock
I’d rather break the plate vs the cylinder seems to be a cheaper easier fix

Something that I will add them to my daily inspection
Could have been BAD

Last edited:

Barc Buster

Branched out member
View attachment 77943 View attachment 77944 As you can see it broke in two spots but also in the picture there’s two cracks I have not noticed that’s been there for a while because they are rusty
When rigging heavy would I like to run a clevis to the D ringwith a lowering vs the Bollard on the BMG
Luckily nobody got hurt and when I called Ditch Witch they offer a steel one versus a cast one which comes stock

Could have been BAD
Yikes! Glad nobody was hurt. Machines can always be fixed. So are you going to stick with the cast plate moving forward?

VenasNursery

Carpal tunnel level member
Oh snap! I'm glad it wasn't worse.
I don't see too much grease tho. A grease gun is your friend.
No grease fittings on the 1550 besides the track adjustment
Wasn’t a grease issue it’s too much weight for a mini attachment plate
I question it when I purchased it
And yes all machines get greased once a week
And my Milwaukee grease gun is my best friend when it comes to greasing

tnttree

Participating member
Exactly my fear, on rating the Bollard on the BMG
all the loader MFGs are different, operator extremes, machine age/fatigue
Boxer used to break there also - before Morbark bought them
Good on DW warranting the plate for you

southsoundtree

Been here a while
My boxer replacement plate is welded up instead of cast.

@tnttree

Did you see this? It's a tow receiver insert that adapts down in size from 3" IIRC, from a New f350.

Measuring this, it will fit inside the BMG without the same slop as the round pipe on the receiver.

I'm not a fabricator.
I wonder if a heavier duty insert can be made with a square tube, possibly with a round pipe welded inside, with an inner diameter suitable for a hitch pin, to prevent egging/ wallering out.

My round pipe egged out with a 4400 pound chipper and similar weight trailers.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20210510_133903.jpg
    20210510_133903.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

colb

Been here a while
View attachment 77943 View attachment 77944 As you can see it broke in two spots but also in the picture there’s two cracks I have not noticed that’s been there for a while because they are rusty

Could have been BAD
Repairing the cylinder is hard - requires more tools than I have. I watched someone do it with mine. Replacing it is easy.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom