Smallest Wood Chippers Review

Belac

I'm looking for people's input on the smallest woodchippers available... gas powered; flail-wheel vs. drum; auto feed; towable behind a 2500hp pickup; able to handle some 6-8" material. Maybe I'm dreaming of something that doesn't exist.zzz

Belac

If anyone can direct me to a thread that already discusses this, that would be great as well.. haven't found anything yet

evo

There are a handful out there.. I have my eyes on a bandit 75xp.. Currently running a gravely 944 (9" 44hp diesel) is a little undersized for a 9" but I was shopping for a 6" machine so I view it as a bomber 6". It weighs about 2700# and my daily work truck is a f-250.

Fivepoints

A bc935 or bandit 90xp should fit the bill. We've had a 935 for years with a 35 up Wisconsin motor. It's been a very dependable machine. The only thing we've done with it other than maintenance is to replace the starter. With sharp knives it will chip to capacity. I actually like it better than our bc1220.

RajElectric

I have a gas 25hp drum 6" befco. 2" ball, 580kg with full fuel tank. Auto feed, driven by belts. Befco still makes the chipper, only PTO model. Works good for me.

Belac

Thank so for the suggestions. I've checked out the Bandit75xp, it seems decent. Still seems like a rather large sized machine, I'd like something super compact if it exists. Maybe some random European company has something out there.

I mean a disk type vs drum type. Anyone have an opinion they care to share with regards to the pros and cons of disk vs drum?

Merle Nelson

I went up to a Bandit 90XP diesel engine from a Bandit 6". My chipper is 5200 lbs with a lot of options on it. Before buying this I rented a 90XP with the gas engine and no weight adding options. It was said to be 4400 lbs, chipped great all the way up to 9 inch capacity with new knifes and a 38 horse engine.

Merle Nelson

I was liking the idea of the 75XP and just about to travel a couple of hours to rent one before I decided to go 90XP but, don't think you can get 8 inch in that.

By the way Belac, welcome to TreeBuzz.

Oroboros

If you want to feed it 6-8 inch material you will need to go with the 75 or 90xp. I don't believe super compact exists in chippers.

hseII

I went up to a Bandit 90XP diesel engine from a Bandit 6". My chipper is 5200 lbs with a lot of options on it. Before buying this I rented a 90XP with the gas engine and no weight adding options. It was said to be 4400 lbs, chipped great all the way up to 9 inch capacity with new knifes and a 38 horse engine.
Is your machine Gas or Diesel?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom