Smallest Wood Chippers Review

Belac

I'm looking for people's input on the smallest woodchippers available... gas powered; flail-wheel vs. drum; auto feed; towable behind a 2500hp pickup; able to handle some 6-8" material. Maybe I'm dreaming of something that doesn't exist.zzz

Belac

If anyone can direct me to a thread that already discusses this, that would be great as well.. haven't found anything yet

evo

There are a handful out there.. I have my eyes on a bandit 75xp.. Currently running a gravely 944 (9" 44hp diesel) is a little undersized for a 9" but I was shopping for a 6" machine so I view it as a bomber 6". It weighs about 2700# and my daily work truck is a f-250.

Fivepoints

A bc935 or bandit 90xp should fit the bill. We've had a 935 for years with a 35 up Wisconsin motor. It's been a very dependable machine. The only thing we've done with it other than maintenance is to replace the starter. With sharp knives it will chip to capacity. I actually like it better than our bc1220.

Belac

Thank so for the suggestions. I've checked out the Bandit75xp, it seems decent. Still seems like a rather large sized machine, I'd like something super compact if it exists. Maybe some random European company has something out there.

I mean a disk type vs drum type. Anyone have an opinion they care to share with regards to the pros and cons of disk vs drum?

Merle Nelson

I went up to a Bandit 90XP diesel engine from a Bandit 6". My chipper is 5200 lbs with a lot of options on it. Before buying this I rented a 90XP with the gas engine and no weight adding options. It was said to be 4400 lbs, chipped great all the way up to 9 inch capacity with new knifes and a 38 horse engine.

Merle Nelson

I was liking the idea of the 75XP and just about to travel a couple of hours to rent one before I decided to go 90XP but, don't think you can get 8 inch in that.

By the way Belac, welcome to TreeBuzz.

Oroboros

If you want to feed it 6-8 inch material you will need to go with the 75 or 90xp. I don't believe super compact exists in chippers.

hseII

I went up to a Bandit 90XP diesel engine from a Bandit 6". My chipper is 5200 lbs with a lot of options on it. Before buying this I rented a 90XP with the gas engine and no weight adding options. It was said to be 4400 lbs, chipped great all the way up to 9 inch capacity with new knifes and a 38 horse engine.
Is your machine Gas or Diesel?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom