Smallest and best compact articulating loader available in Canada?

Anonymity

The title sort of says it all, what do people recommend for the best and smallest compact articulating loader for tree work? I’m sure this question has been asked before, but if someone could direct me to that thread that would be fine as well. I was considering a mini skid steer, however I had the opportunity to use a compact articulating loader today, it was a Kabota an older one, but it worked fantastic, and it’s lifting capacity was Excellent. I’d really like to hear what peoples experiences are with them, I’m starting to think that they would be a better option, especially with turf tires.

thanks

Jehinten

Have you looked into a ditch witch zahn? It's a stand on like a mini, but it's an articulate as well. The lifting capacity isn't as high as some of the others, but that may not be an issue when looking for the smallest?

Crimsonking

Have you looked into a ditch witch zahn? It's a stand on like a mini, but it's an articulate as well. The lifting capacity isn't as high as some of the others, but that may not be an issue when looking for the smallest?
And they can be modified to add capacity.

Crimsonking

A friend filled the tires (50 lbs apiece) and had the platform modified to hold plates on either side, which gave the platform sides as well as weight.

Mitch Hoy

Does anyone have any info on the new Bobcat articulators? We have been looking at getting a second machine, and I have been looking at wheel loaders as well. Dealer support would be easy with a Bobcat in my area...

Gareth's Tree

Any one on here try the Giant 254?
I definitely think the giant 254 is an excellent loader! I have the 254t HD which has the telescoping boom, I would definitely recommend that. The HD option includes upgraded drive motors for more wheel torque. I have not tried the standard version, but I can say that the HD version has plenty of drive power for anything we have ever tried to do.

Anonymity

Is there a Giant dealer in Ontario? I spoke to the Avant dealer today, but would like to speak to some of the competition to get some perspective and hear from the horses mouth so to speak. Also I had a contractor tell me today that sitting on the front section makes the back end of the machine a swing hazard (I expect one would get used to that thought). It’s tough to choose. The Avant 423 is low $40,000’s cost, is there something of a lower cost (just asking, not complaining). Thought about a stand on mini, but again I think the loaders are where it’s at

Last edited:

Gareth's Tree

Is there a Giant dealer in Ontario? I spoke to the Avant dealer today, but would like to speak to some of the competition to get some perspective and hear from the horses mouth so to speak. Also I had a contractor tell me today that sitting on the front section makes the back end of the machine a swing hazard (I expect one would get used to that thought). It’s tough to choose. The Avant 423 is low $40,000’s cost, is there something of a lower cost (just asking, not complaining). Thought about a stand on mini, but again I think the loaders are where it’s at
I do not know if there is a giant dealer in canada. If you call Dave at Branch Manager Attachments in Minnesota he might know.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom