Small/Portable Spray Rig

macrocarpa

For the most part I have eliminated offering foliar sprays unless I can use applicator/environmentally “safe” products in a backpack sprayer, but recently I’ve been asked to care for a small organic orchard. Has anyone made a little spray rig like this themselves? If so could you please share details? This thing looks pretty slick -

colb

Makes me think of this:

But, the volume on that unit is pretty small. I would size up to something carried by a machine, or size down to a backpack sprayer. Milwaukee has interchangeable tanks for their backpack sprayer, so you can mix up a large quantity, only carry 28 lbs. of happy juice at a time, only purchase one pump, and I use batteries that I have on hand anyways for my other Milwaukee tools. I'll be buying mine this month for an Ardisia crenata control project.

Tree Defend

For the most part I have eliminated offering foliar sprays unless I can use applicator/environmentally “safe” products in a backpack sprayer, but recently I’ve been asked to care for a small organic orchard. Has anyone made a little spray rig like this themselves? If so could you please share details? This thing looks pretty slick -
Plant Growth Management Systems in Niles, Michigan sells a cart mounted sprayer that can be transported on a 2" square hitch receiver.

ATH

For the most part I have eliminated offering foliar sprays unless I can use applicator/environmentally “safe” products in a backpack sprayer, but recently I’ve been asked to care for a small organic orchard. Has anyone made a little spray rig like this themselves? If so could you please share details? This thing looks pretty slick - ...
How many trees? That looks like it will get you about 4-5 max (obviously depending on size!). I've seen PGMS's system at shows and it looks pretty neat.

How about a skid mounted unit with extra 3/8" hose? Yes, a pain to drag that around, but being able to park in one spot and treat the whole place with one tankful may make up for that depending on the layout.

Do they have a small UTV that they'd let you use? I've slid a 50 gallon skid unit onto a UTV (empty - filled it on there!). Come of those have a surprising weight capacity.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom