Shunt

pugsly

I would be most gratfeul if anyone has any articles/information/publications etc in regard to the use of shunts, could they direct them this way or point me in the right direction.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
HSE did some tests that compared the Shunt and the Rocker. I'll bet you can search their archives to find them. Another source of info is IRATA.

Are you looking for someting specific or general info?

RescueMan

[ QUOTE ]
information in regard to the use of shunts

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean a surgical shunt, an electronic shunt, or the Petzl Shunt?

If you do a web search for any of the above, you'll come up with hundreds of "hits".

What, specifically, do you want to know?

- Robert

pugsly

Petzl shunt, and mainly safe operating/work practices, this is not an item of kit i am familiar with using within an arboricultural context.

I'll do some web searches.

Chris

RescueMan

[ QUOTE ]
Petzl shunt, and mainly safe operating/work practices

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that's what you meant. The Shunt was originally designed as a "mechanical prusik" to be used as a rappel safety on single or doubled ropes. It's come to be a popular self-trailing rope grab for rope access technicians on their secondary safety line.

A couple of good research reports on Personal Protective Equipment, including the Shunt, are:

Prepared by Lyon Equipment for the Health and Safety Executive

and

Rope Access Equipment Testing: The back-up safety system

- Robert

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom