Shrink Tubing

39Buick

I am trying to find the best source for shrink tubing to fit various sewn splices. Bought a roll off of Amazon and it won't stick to the rope very well. Is there a Brand that works the best? Also how much extra do you leave to cover the end of the splice? TIA

39Buick

Looked at GAP and treestuff, both out of stock and I cringed when I saw a $5 a foot price! That Black that @Jonny linked above reminds me of the stuff we used on Underground splices! Wonder if I can find that in clear?

Jehinten

I found some awhile back on ebay in clear and it had an adhesive. I've had no problems with it wanting to release from the splices that I did.

I did see that some have adhesive and some do not.

TreeCo

I just ordered from them today. Tie wraps with a radius, for fuel lines.

I bet you could find something to suit your needs here:

39Buick

I got some from Amazon that’s super sticky and so far seems very durable, but I think available in black only.
Found some made by the same company as this you linked. Supposed to be clear so we will see!
I found some awhile back on ebay in clear and it had an adhesive. I've had no problems with it wanting to release from the splices that I did.

I did see that some have adhesive and some do not.
I Thought it all had adhesive! I have a lot to learn!
I just ordered from them today. Tie wraps with a radius, for fuel lines.

I bet you could find something to suit your needs here:

Dang, I could shop this site for days! Thanks for the Link!
Search for ‘marine shrink tubing’
In general or on the Mcmaster-Carr site?

arbsessionsplicing

Hey, @39Buick (and everyone) we have three sizes of Clear 3:1 Adhesive Lined Shrink Tubing in stock and ready to be shipped today! This is what I use for our in house splicing and I really like it. We offer three sizes: 3/4" for hitch cords, 1" for 1/2" ish rope, and 1 1/2" for larger hollow braids and bull ropes. Let me know if you have any further questions!

39Buick

Hey, @39Buick (and everyone) we have three sizes of Clear 3:1 Adhesive Lined Shrink Tubing in stock and ready to be shipped today! This is what I use for our in house splicing and I really like it. We offer three sizes: 3/4" for hitch cords, 1" for 1/2" ish rope, and 1 1/2" for larger hollow braids and bull ropes. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Perfect Thanks so much!

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom