Should You Ask Customers for a Review?

climbingmonkey24

Just curious, do you guys think it’s okay to ask a customer who was real happy with your work if they would like to leave a review on your listing, or do you think it’s not a good practice and it should be up to the customer?

I mean obviously if they really are happy with your work they would probably be happy to, but my question is it appropriate and good practice to ask them directly?

I’ve read some say you should, curious what you all think.

Reach

We ask every customer we work for; we have Jobber set up to send out a post-job email to each customer, asking them to give us a one-click rating that only we see, and to leave us a review on Google. Only a small percentage actually bother to do either one, but we still ask, and we have achieved a fair number of Google reviews because of that.

VenasNursery

Just curious, do you guys think it’s okay to ask a customer who was real happy with your work if they would like to leave a review on your listing, or do you think it’s not a good practice and it should be up to the customer?

I mean obviously if they really are happy with your work they would probably be happy to, but my question is it appropriate and good practice to ask them directly?

I’ve read some say you should, curious what you all think.
We offer a $50 gift certificate for our tree lot for a google review to every customer
Gets reviews and people to our nursery to look at trees and spend more money

jmester

I feel that it is appropriate to ask. They can always decline or not do it. They may not know that you or your company has need of a review or a place to do so. I feel that your relationship with your customer is/or should be mutually beneficial to both parties. It doesn't always work that way.

TreeVB

Lots of potential clients are looking at reviews before they buy anything now days, including services. Definitely appropriate to ask, but not push. I just briefly let them know the option is there to review us on google and then add the link on their invoice. Keeping current and fresh on reviews is important so keep up with it.

dttm

The best is when the customer asks who you are, so they can call the office to let them know who did a fabulous job for them. I think you can tell when that question is totally appropriate.

Treetopflyer

I dont ask and I'm impressed by the amount of folks that do leave us one, I like that. I really like when they just tell friends or the like on current social media like when people ask in facebook or the like your like totally like popular and like your like your like name comes alot...I like that..totally..

MA Arborist

I think it is ok. It is Definitely good for generating business.

What I don’t like is when a business asks a client for a “good review” and then offers the client something in return. It seems dishonest and makes the review misleading about the business.

Last edited:

VenasNursery

I think it is ok. It is Definitely good for generating business.

What I don’t like is when a business asks a client for a “good review” and then offers the client something in return. It seems dishonest and makes the review misleading about the business.
We have a local company that the owner’s mom,wife,and sister have left reviews and only has 13 reviews with a 3.2 rating on Google

so so sad

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom