Sequoia harness D rings and two bridges

JMB6

Questions about configuration and usage:

1. Second bridge
It’s a little longer than original. Should I mount the longer bridge above or below the original?

2. D rings
I usually use upper rings for lanyard. How do you use the lower rings?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

climbstihl

Do you have a 2019 model Sequoia or older? On the 2019 model, put the longer one in the bottom hole.
I use the lower D's for my lanyard 95% of the time (a little bit less when on spurs).
This is with a Treemotion though, with my Sequoia I rarely use any D rings, it's all either one of the bridges, or tge belay loop.

JMB6

I have 2019 SRT Sequoia plus chest Croll top harness.
I usually use zigzag+chicane and zillon with it.
I configured zillon to use it as 2-in-1 (double end double adjust) and I occasionally use lower D-rings for the second attachment.
If you primarily use lower D-rings for lanyard what do you use upper D-rings for?
Also, should my primary zigzag attachment go to the lower (and longer) bridge?
Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

climbstihl

I usually just ignore the upper D's. Left side gets used for lanyard storage though. Sometimes I switch to the uppers when on spurs though.
Wait, how much longer is the second bridge? I thought is was just a few centimeters or so, variance in production. If it's quite a bit longer then it doesn't really matter if it's on top or the bottom. Same thing if you use them independently. I use both bridges through the same ring, one bridge is adjustable, because I need something fully certified at work. That's when I notice that the bottom bridge needs to be slightly longer to be equal to the other one when weighted.
What do you use the Croll for, when climbing with a Zigzag and Chicane?

JMB6

I usually just ignore the upper D's. Left side gets used for lanyard storage though. Sometimes I switch to the uppers when on spurs though.
Wait, how much longer is the second bridge? I thought is was just a few centimeters or so, variance in production. If it's quite a bit longer then it doesn't really matter if it's on top or the bottom. Same thing if you use them independently. I use both bridges through the same ring, one bridge is adjustable, because I need something fully certified at work. That's when I notice that the bottom bridge needs to be slightly longer to be equal to the other one when weighted.
What do you use the Croll for, when climbing with a Zigzag and Chicane?
Thanks a lot. This is useful information.
The second bridge is 5 cm longer and I attached it at the bottom. The attachment points are pretty much at the same height.
I use the top harness mostly for weight distribution of the main harness. I’ve seen videos people use Croll to quickly switch from srt to drt, but I have not yet tried it. I’m a newbie and surprisingly having the top harness makes me feel safer, almost like wearing seatbelt:)
Recently I got Captain Hook and I think I will use Croll with it.

Last edited:

climbstihl

Yeah, I see that a lot with new people I train at work, we only use full body harnesses, and if I take them out tree climbing and give them a sit harness they feel a little unsafe. I used to really hate tops on harnesses, until I attached a chest ascender, it makes having a top worth it to me. Still a hassle though. I don't know if you'll be happy using the hook with the Croll, it will be awkward with the angle of pull, you're probably going to be more comfortable having an attachment to your bridge. It'll definitely work though.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom