see you in the trees...RIP Oakwilt :(

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
This morning I found out that Oakwilt AKA Reed Holt died on July eleventh.

Reed Holt

Reed and I met during the days of the IsA Forum and then to Doug ??? forum. His tone and attitude was an acquired taste..so he had his detractors. If you got beyond that you would have found an intense treeloverand amazing man.

Oakies health was not great for a long time. Weaker people might have given up long ago. His power and spirit kept him going.

I got to spend an afternoon with Reed and his family last August. A wonderful time

see you in the trees my Friend

Mowerr

This morning I found out that Oakwilt AKA Reed Holt died on July eleventh.

Reed Holt

Reed and I met during the days of the IsA Forum and then to Doug ??? forum. His tone and attitude was an acquired taste..so he had his detractors. If you got beyond that you would have found an intense treeloverand amazing man.

Oakies health was not great for a long time. Weaker people might have given up long ago. His power and spirit kept him going.

I got to spend an afternoon with Reed and his family last August. A wonderful time

see you in the trees my Friend
I respect it if you don't want to answer this BC I totally understand but do we know if it was the cancer or did he commit suicide?
I ask BC he made a thread a few weeks ago in the tree free zone discussing whether suicide is morally acceptable.
I have great respect for this man and I've only been reading him for the past couple years so I totally respect him no matter how he passed... I just hope it wasn't painful and my deepest condolences to his friends and family.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
WhenI spent the day with Reed and his family last AUgust he was not doing well. Over the past few months I sent emails and calls but didn't get any replies.

I wouldn't make any connection to that thread

evo

I respect it if you don't want to answer this BC I totally understand but do we know if it was the cancer or did he commit suicide?
I ask BC he made a thread a few weeks ago in the tree free zone discussing whether suicide is morally acceptable.
I have great respect for this man and I've only been reading him for the past couple years so I totally respect him no matter how he passed... I just hope it wasn't painful and my deepest condolences to his friends and family.
I’m curious as well, but have solace knowing it’s none of my business and doesn’t matter. He either succumbed to what appeared as a drawn out painful illness or chose to end the suffering. Different means to the same end, just hope he suffered as little as possible. Much love to him, his family, and friends. Death is never easy, and we are a very death phobic society/culture

Mowerr

For me I guess I have this problem where I always want to know how (a friend,fam or anyone I know) dies.
For me I think it helps with the closure more so than seeing an open casket at a funeral.
I always hope it was painless. Rip brother

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom