Scar Tissue

Bart_

Say you get a near nasty cut, stitches or not you grow it back together, then there's this chunk of scar tissue, perhaps located where it's presence is like the proverbial pebble in your shoe.

Just to clarify, not talking muscle or tendons here. Just flesh wounds.

Anyone know any secrets or treatments to get it back to normal, or to get it back quicker?

thanks

Chaplain242

If less than two years old Vitamin E cream and massage.

As an aside had surgery on a finger and surgeons put tourniquet on too tight and hospital had to import a laser device that heated the internal tissues to treat the finger as I had impeded use of it. Worked but took a month of weekly treatment and still took another month or so to get full movement back...

Jonny

Just speculating but maybe a collagen supplement might help? Some benefits to skin from it, or so I hear.
I got a strawberry collagen shake powder that’s very yummy when added to chocolate whey protein shakes, post workout, but can’t say for certain that it’s helped much. Some improvements to hair and skin for sure, but made some changes to diet and exercise and lifestyle at the same time I began using it.

Stretch marks are a different scar, but my babys’ mama swears by coco butter for them. Might add some elasticity or something to other scars.

Chaplain242

Just speculating but maybe a collagen supplement might help? Some benefits to skin from it, or so I hear.
I got a strawberry collagen shake powder that’s very yummy when added to chocolate whey protein shakes, post workout, but can’t say for certain that it’s helped much. Some improvements to hair and skin for sure, but made some changes to diet and exercise and lifestyle at the same time I began using it.

Stretch marks are a different scar, but my babys’ mama swears by coco butter for them. Might add some elasticity or something to other scars.
Check out fresh Avocado seed recipes. Apparently they have collagen and is also an effective multivitamin. Dry or bake the seeds, remove the skin that flakes off, and blend up in a food processor.

Bart_

Thus far my treatment for it has been accumulated times wincing as it gets mechanically beaten on when I grab things just the right/wrong way. Painful but effective. Thanks for the info.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom