Sc292 stump grinder?

Anonymity

Simple question (considering a purchase)

1000hrs $13,000... 2014...yellow jacket teeth. Assuming it’s in good working order...is this a good machine, for average stump grinding? Is this a reasonable price for this machine?

Reach

That does not sound too bad to me for a small grinder. Define “average” stump grinding - our average here is about a 30” diameter Oak, and that grinder would probably take hours to get through one of those. On 18” softwoods it would do great though, I’m sure.

Personally I would plan to ditch the Jackets and put on Greenteeth, but that’s somewhat of a preference.

owScott

I own a 252. Its a 2007 paid 8k. 13k sounds a bit high. Definatly newer but you arent going to get better performance because its newer. Anything 24" and bigger is a pain. spend a bit more for a bigger grinder. You can get an older 1 for half the price. 1 good thing its a tough simple machine so older is ok. dont spend 13k on a 252.

Anonymity

I own a 252. Its a 2007 paid 8k. 13k sounds a bit high. Definatly newer but you arent going to get better performance because its newer. Anything 24" and bigger is a pain. spend a bit more for a bigger grinder. You can get an older 1 for half the price. 1 good thing its a tough simple machine so older is ok. dont spend 13k on a 252.

Sorry guys I’m an idiot I meant to say SC292!

Last edited:

Reach

Is 1200 hours on a taken care of SC292 stump grinder a lot of hours?
In my opinion, no. A decent two cylinder air cooled gasoline engine should last at least twice that long, assuming it is maintained properly and not overworked and best up all the time. Stump grinder scan be hard on engines though, especially with amateur operators.

Anonymity

In my opinion, no. A decent two cylinder air cooled gasoline engine should last at least twice that long, assuming it is maintained properly and not overworked and best up all the time. Stump grinder scan be hard on engines though, especially with amateur operators.

Thanks Reach,

Much appreciated! People like me, smaller tree service trying to make a living need all the best advice we can get from knowledgeable people in order to make informed decisions. Money is relative: what seems like a little is a lot for someone else. So I try run my business wisely from a financial perspective

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom